1:32 Lockheed EC-121K Constellation/Warning Star

Iain

Exhaust powered recovery turbines. Awesome. I had the pleasure to fly in the Save a Connie back in the 90's. I was working for TWA at the time and we allowed the organization to strip and paint their constellation in our hanger. My son and I and a few invited guests got a tour of down town Kansas City and Arrowhead / Kaufman stadium. My son was 3-4 at the time. He's the biggest KC Chiefs fan around to this day. Love the constellation.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't that just magic!  :wub:

Iain

I tried to send this as a PM but your system isn't accepting messages.  Is there any chance I could get you to cast 4 of the engines you used on the Connie for me to use on my 1/32 ID models B-29?  I would be more than glad to pay for your resin costs and shipping to me here in Warner Robins, GA.  I have followed your build ever since I took all the pics and measurements for you of the a/c we have here in the Robins Museum of Aviation.

Bruce Radebaugh

Hi Bruce - the moulds aren't brilliant - but *if* they'll take a few more casts I'll run some off for you - had someone else asking too - need to check.

Iain

OK - suitably nagged the Connie is out in the workshop again.

Plan is to do some more cockpit work over the weekend - starting with a repaint of the panels into green, rather than grey.

Iain

• 8 months later...