1:32 Lockheed EC-121K Constellation/Warning Star

Iain

I'll just keep chipping away slowly Kev...

Was a little shocked to see that from HpH - but it will be expensive, take a lot of work and I can't throw away everything I've done to date.

Will be working towards finishing the cockpit area so I can close her up - maybe by the end of the year.

Iain

Hi Justin,

Just ordinary automotive wheel weights...

These are steel - not as good as the old lead ones (they were, obviously, a denser material - and could be trimmed/shaped fairly easily) - but they are useful sizes - 5g and 10g - and have an adhesive foam backing that sticks like crazy! Which makes a lot of sense as they're designed to survive on car wheels  smile.png

I got this batch off Ebay here in the UK - for a very reasonable £16.50 inc. postage. Not bad for a pack that weighs 6kg!

Hope that helps?

Iain

Guest Peterpools

Ian

Always a pleasure to keep up with your brilliant progress on the the Connie. Awesome progress. :popcorn: :popcorn:

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Hi Justin,

Just ordinary automotive wheel weights...

These are steel - not as good as the old lead ones (they were, obviously, a denser material - and could be trimmed/shaped fairly easily) - but they are useful sizes - 5g and 10g - and have an adhesive foam backing that sticks like crazy! Which makes a lot of sense as they're designed to survive on car wheels  smile.png

I got this batch off Ebay here in the UK - for a very reasonable £16.50 inc. postage. Not bad for a pack that weighs 6kg!

Hope that helps?

Iain

Yes thanks so much! They didn't look like wheel weights until you said that, and I realized that the model is the size of Steelhead I like to catch.. It all makes sense now!

Edited by FunkyZeit