1:32 Lockheed EC-121K Constellation/Warning Star

Iain

Amazing to see this progress. It'll be a mighty kit.

As for lead, I've been using diving ballast lead shot...

http://www.mikesdivestore.com/products/3386-beaver-kilogramme-of-loose-lead-shot?variant=384662192&gclid=CPqn3tulkskCFSr3wgodVsUJNw

Though the wheel balancing stuff looks more "manageable"

Tony

Thanks for the link Tony - brilliant - will be ordering some of those to use alongside the wheel weights on projects!  :thumbsup:

And full UK warranty too! ;)

Getting harder to get lead...

Iain

Eh?

Depressing working on the damn thing sometimes!  ;)

The hobby's about fun and relaxation* and to be enjoyed in the way you want to.

Vac building/scratch building really isn't difficult and the satisfaction at each stage can be immense.

It's not about skills - it's just a state of mind - treating each stage as a model in itself rather than the project as a whole (wood for trees and all that).

That said - it you enjoy fondling plastic - I do recommend having a go at something different - just don't be in any hurry!  :frantic:

Iain

*Others definition of 'relaxation' may vary - my wife gets to hear all the swearing!  :innocent:

• 6 months later...

I've been watching this one for what must be 15 years or more since the day you brought her to the Avon show.  It's always good to see progress, and I'm looking forward to seeing her finished.

Troublemakers!  ;)

Have rather a lot on my plate at the mo model-wise - but will try to post something new in the near future.

Thanks for looking in (and reminding me) - it's everyone's encouragement that has got me this far - albeit at a glacially slow pace.

Iain

Bog - some may recall I had a moment when I started the cockpit interior where I wasn't sure whether instrument panels should be grey, or dark green (Bronze Green?).

I went Grey as that was what most images showed - but having just found the 'Navy Airborne Early Warning Squadron - VW 13 Argentia, Nfld' page over on Facebook it appears that all the US Navy birds had green panels - can anyone confirm before I spend time repainting?

Just about to do the obvious and ask on that page too  :)

Iain