1:32 Lockheed EC-121K Constellation/Warning Star

Iain

Delay on images - ran out of filler primer late afternoon yesterday and had to do 40 mile round-trip to nearest Halfords - that'll teach me to pay more attention to supplies! :)

OK - fuselage glazing...

As previously mentioned - all polished back - 240/400/600/800/1200/1500 wet and dry - followed by Micromesh - followed by BareMetal Plastic Polish.

I little tidying on inside to be done - but pretty well there.

Glazings areas larger than they need to be - correct size circular masks will be used when fuselage joined.

IMG_21794.JPG

IMG_21795.JPG

IMG_21796.JPG

Back in a mo...

Iain

Wings...

Doesn't look like much work - but probably 15 - 20 hours of sanding and fettling here - and still some re-shaping at the tips needed.

Important thing is surfaces are now pretty smooth/contiguous.

Next step for these is to make a start on the nacelle fairings.

IMG_21797.JPG

Surface detail will be added later - using the overlapped panels technique I was playing with on a Revell Spitfire last year - with access panels scribed.

Just thankful that most of the laborious work now behind me on these...

Back in another mo...

Iain

Connie's very important Tail Feathers...

Outer fins and tailplane tips added and seen here being blended in. Some tweaks still needed - but getting there.

Central fin will be added after tailplane has been mounted to the assembled fuselage.

IMG_21798.JPG

IMG_21799.JPG

I'm probably overdoing it - but aim is for a final result that doesn't look like it's a vac/scratch build...

Stay tuned!

Iain

Cheers Kev - slooooow progress - but progress none-the-less...

Tip tanks...

Have finished turning up the patterns on the lathe and these have now been polished ready to go into rubber this afternoon.

Like everything on this project, they're a fair size, but I'm quite pleased with the shapes at present. We'll see what they look like once cast and assembled.

IMG_21802.JPG

Back again shortly... :)

Iain

Weather is pretty poor today - British summer - grey cloud and rain - so the patio, ahem, 'production hall' not available for large stuff.

So - indoors it is - and hopefully an opportunity to do some more work here:

IMG_21803.JPG

That's about if for this batch of 'progress' - there may be more later depending upon how the rest of the day pans out.

Iain

Guest Peterpools

Iain

Fantastic progress on the Connie and it great to see her back on the bench and underway. Just an incredible project and I am looking forward to each new update.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

As I am painfully aware how long term projects can get,I am happy to see so much progress here. You are correct,to the untrained eye it looks like not much has been accomplished but I am one that can tell it isn't true. That is a lot of tedious but necessary work there brother.  Shaping up nicely.

J

Cheers Jerry!

And just to prove the point - was about to mix rubber and spotted some wood grain should through on rear of the front half of the tip tank pattern - more filler primer...  :frantic:

Iain