1:32 F-90 Superstar

Dandiego

Thank you for all of the nice comments.

The real jets were quite shiny with only subtle differences between panels. I feel that my panel shading is too stark. I changed the Airframe Aluminum with about 10% of a different shade but I believe that 10% produces too much of a change. Perhaps a slight difference in polishing will give me the look that I am going for.

Anyway I have several extra days off in the next week and am hoping to finish general painting soon. Next will be Interior green for all of the wells, and flat black for the anti glare panel .

I also believe that my base gloss black coat was not as smooth as I would have liked leading to a less than stellar nmf. Live and learn.

Stay tuned. Dan

Dan, looking awesome. I love how this super cool jet has transformed over the months here. The Silver looks good but you're a perfectionist. No worries.

I swear I had a GI Joe copy of this jet in the 60's I messed around with. My brother likely blew it up to my dismay.

Love all your efforts with this build. Fantastic build going on here. You're next build should be that awesome looking Supermarine Swift! Just kidding. Well done.

Regards

Troy

Ok what wonders a 4 day weekend will produce.

I have Resprayed the rear engine section. I masked it off, re-sprayed the gloss black and then hit it again with airframe aluminum.  I am quite happy with the result. Even though the same shade was used I seen to have a slightly darker result, which is what I was looking for. And I don't know why!

I have reshot several panels to get the look that I am going for and am rather happy with the result. Because of this I decided that today is the day to clearcoat with X-22 clear gloss. I can still add to the overall look by adding other metal shades but the clear coat protects what I already have.  Anyway some pictures on the driveway today. Don't know what your weather is like but we had a warm, 70 degree day with lots of sun. Darn So Cal weather.

6u8Shli.jpg?1

D2gDPO7.jpg?1

rQHYJ6g.jpg?1

us94WnO.jpg?1

Next finishing up the wheel wells and cockpit.

Dan