Tamiya's release schedule next 5 years (suggestion)

timvkampen

I'm taking a break from my WNW obsession right now and working on the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk. IX.

Just tonight I completed the engine bearer/firewall area.  Stuff on this kit literally falls into place and almost "clicks" into position.

If you like 1/32 scale model airplane kits and *don't* have these super kits from Tamiya, you are really missing out.

I have the A6m2 in my stash, but no others.  As I have been working on the Spit, I keep telling myself it is time to get all of these Tamiya super kits.

I think the next build will be the P-51.

Off the top of my head, I have the F4U-1A and P-51D, and they are both quite impressive indeed.

I can see the point with another 109, but for most companies it seems that would ensure sales. Like Peter, I dont think Tamiya-san works that way to be honest. I think they pretty much put out whatever they want within reason.    Whatever LSP that they make next will without a doubt, sell well.   Because Tamiya doesnt work on a strictly need to get profit basis, I think that alone helps reduce the likelyhood we will see a repeat of something like a 109.

Having said that, if Tamiyas next LSP is an Me-109 Ill snatch one up in a heartbeat

The 109 would be the only Tamiya prop I'll not buy at all.

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2018 at 5:58 AM, STWilliams said:

Amen!!!

Last time I checked, there are 83 Bf 109 boxings in 1:32. 

The world doesn't really need another one, surely? Especially with so many other aeroplanes either having no kit, just a couple or only in resin.

Fw 189 springs to my mind. I'm not paying £200 to PHP for a build that will, being charitable, be "challenging".

I generally disagree with the idea that because something has been done before, that It can’t be redone.  I do equate scale models directly with technology, we could have said in 1989 we already have PC’s why do we need something newer.  The intel 386 chip is plenty good, we don’t need no pentium processor or anything better.  I would agree with the premis that the 109 was done enough if we had a contemporary kit done to the standard of Tamiya or Zoukei.  For me the Hasegawa kit’s are more like big 1/48 kits than the modern tooling I am interested in. 

I do not speak to the 109 per se but to any subject that has been done as the argument is made frequently with any kit Tamiya might realistically do that someone has already done it.  Tamiya is not going to do a plane in 1/32 that is not a main stream subject and completely new.  It will be a mass market subject like the 109 or certain other choices but I assure if they do another 1/32 kit it will be something obvious that many will complain it has already been done.  

The state of the modeling art is rapidly advancing, and I am not particularly sentimental about old plastic, I want the latest that new molding state of the art can bring.  I know many others want the old stuff but, for me even a kit that is 10 years old can be improved upon.

1 hour ago, Fenous said:

And next Tamiya 1/32 kit Is.........1/48 Spitfire Mk. I

What Fenous says above.

A 1/48 new tool Mk.1 Spitfire seems to be the next offering.

I'd forget about a 1/32 new tool for a few more years

Tony

1 hour ago, Fenous said:

Spit.jpg

I thought it a joke when someone posted this.  I know it is not 1/32 but I like this, will probably get one.  I just confirmed and found this photo for myself on Tamiya Japans website, unfortunately no 1/32 anouncements.  Two armor kits and the new MKI Spitfire in 1/48.  We could still see a surprise but I am betting against that.  I remain concerned that we will not see a Tamiya 1/32 kit for a while still.  

If this MKI is done in the style of the new 109G we are going to have something really special.  

Edited by cbk57