VNAF F-5E Tiger II, Tan Son Nhut AB, Spring 1975 (May 9th update)

Indeed Dan, sorry you lost your brother. I lost my sister @ 47 (just a year older than myself now) back in 2009 and it still hurts.   Condolences, and I know it wont help right now, but time does help heal. You wont ever get over his loss (as you would not want to) but you do get past it with time. 

Family first, always

Thanks for all your kind words everyone, very conforting, that's what I like about you guys,

a tight community with the heart at the right place....

Did went to the club on Friday night and meet everyone, didn't want at first but it did help to go on with my current built.

some might find that weird or non sence but in a way, building models ease to get your mind away....

Thanks again everyone and will update some progress tomorrow.

Dan.

Hey everyone,

I always start my kit, like most of you, with the pit, but not this time...... with all the pros and cons,

and in particularly with all your findings in SharkOwl SIG thread, I decide that it would be wiser to start the other end...... :innocent:

• Console problem(easy fixing), even tough at one point using parts from the Hasegawa pit... but not sure.....

XUUoAFCl.jpg

• The seat(wishing for AMS to the rescue)
  • Wrong panel placement(some to be fixe and some not to bother with...)

So here some progress I made in two days and unfortunatly some obstacle that can't be fix for most of them without after market goodys..

Yeah, the engines and that's a no no with those..... but no biggy.

KIv7PyGl.jpg

Some shaving on that pin.....

2Xka0qxl.jpg

getting better already.

rPzS3x0l.jpg

didn't tooked long for the exhaust to be done, then before putting the fuselage together, there was my 1st real problem....

these days my new trend is putting pilot in my plane as much as possible (trying...)

and on the runway or while engines running, if i'm not mistaken loovers are always open, right..?

E9SzDpYl.jpg

Oups, something is missing.... this one is the Hasegawa kit.

nvMuYJUl.jpg

and without it, well, you know what i mean..... :doh:

W9wWcHal.jpg

Ok, it can be fix.... but my other concern was those intake with no trunk..... weird, they forgot, oh boy..... :doh:

YPkFBysl.jpg

Anyway, it was way too short on the inside to leave them open so gonna end up with FOD cover with no pilot.

Will bring some more soon and have fun.

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Leduc