1:32 F-84F-Thunderstreak by JetMADS - Reservations open

RicardoD

7 hours ago, alain11 said:

I made my pre-order yesterday .Regarding the weight of the kit , I hope that the nose gear leg, will be strong enough to support it..well .... let's trust to the Jetmad team to solve the problem

Alain

There was a hot "landing gear under weight" discussion when the Viggen was announced I remember and I was curious as well. Jetmads had assured it was alright. Looking at my Viggen I can say it is absolutely alright indeed, stands so firm it looks like it can carry two other Viggens on top of it. I don't expect that to be a problem.

I also made my reservation yesterday and have just received confirmation of my reservation. This will be my first JetMad since the Ouragan is still not here.
I forgot to ask them if a French decoration was planned, after all l'Armée de l'air is the only one to have used this beast in action during the so call Suez affair.

Richard

1 hour ago, RicardoD said:

There was a hot "landing gear under weight" discussion when the Viggen was announced I remember and I was curious as well. Jetmads had assured it was alright. Looking at my Viggen I can say it is absolutely alright indeed, stands so firm it looks like it can carry two other Viggens on top of it. I don't expect that to be a problem.

the Viggen is a resin model , an heavy stuff ( almost 2 kg ) . I wonder if the F 84 will be a 3 D printed model , I presume lighter than the Viggen ... doesn't it ?

49 minutes ago, morane said:

I also made my reservation yesterday and have just received confirmation of my reservation. This will be my first JetMad since the Ouragan is still not here.
I forgot to ask them if a French decoration was planned, after all l'Armée de l'air is the only one to have used this beast in action during the so call Suez affair.

Richard

The Ouragan of course , I mainly waiting for the SO 9000 Trident :rolleyes:

Alain

31 minutes ago, alain11 said:

the Viggen is a resin model , an heavy stuff ( almost 2 kg ) . I wonder if the F 84 will be a 3 D printed model , I presume lighter than the Viggen ... doesn't it ?

The Viggen kit is a little bit of both resin and 3D printed parts - but mostly resin for the main parts. It is indeed a heavy model when finished.

I was very sceptical if the 3D printed landing gear (especially the main landing gear) could take the weight of the kit when I built mine. But it comfortably can.

I would avoid any lateral movement of the finished model but I would not recommend that with any kit. The 3D printed stuff seems quite brittle when bent in certain directions.

I am pretty sure that the landing gear of this smaller model will be just than fine.

I just got my reservation confirmed as well  

On 3/11/2024 at 12:29 PM, Tony T said:

I'm still hoping your Thunderstreak dossier may find its way into Zimi's hands. 

It is as significant as its contemporary the Hunter, which was nicely done by Revell. The F-84F is waaay overdue in 1:32. 

Sadly, while I acknowledge that 3D-printed & resin kits are not just the future but also the 'now' in 1:32, my current overriding maxim is "If it can't be done right away using polystyrene cement and Humbrol paints it's a pass". 

Tony  

Resin is not for everyone now, but I gained experience with Paul fisher's kits which were amazing (elbow grease required though). The Saab Viggen I ordered to see what it is like and it is very impressive. Some of the builds are stellar. But the material is different and takes getting used to. That said, the Streak (and the Thunderflash) are indeed important post-WW2 aircraft that now get the love they deserve. Pricey but unique. I do not think my files will be converted by Zimi into a proper design. Perhaps Jetmads could venture into the field of polystyrene at some point, but HpH's efforts were short lived too...

It will be a special moment to have that kit in hands. I wrote the Dutch Profile with Luuk Boerman of Dutch Profile/Dutch Decals in 2014 and started compiling the dossier with the team. Jetmads have received our support as well. And the business model seems more manageable (sign up and commit, limited edition).

On 3/11/2024 at 5:51 PM, JMeyer said:

Whether it's bare metal or painted, you're gonna have to fix those lines. Or better yet, Jetmads could get their act together and print their kits properly.

@nmayhew I'm curious about why you find this funny.

5 hours ago, JMeyer said:

@nmayhew I'm curious about why you find this funny.

oh don't worry i'm with you on those completely unacceptable print lines (for my money, anyway)

i guess the humour is more directed at those who think that it's ok