1/35 B-17G

Grunticus

5 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

If this is true and Border gets it "right", I'll eat a big plate of crow and buy one. Never thought I'd say that!

Cheers,

Damian

This, exactly.

I would suggest if someone were going to tool a all new B-17 in any scale now would be the time and have it on sale by early 2025 or sooner to capitalize on Masters of the Air.  HK left plenty of room to one up their B-17s from what I have read and seen.  So there is room for a new kit.

20 minutes ago, RBrown said:

The 1/32 B-24 has lots of problems and the 1/32 B-17 has some issues too. If Border can get this right I think they will do very well. I have no doubt that the B-24 will follow.

Here’s hoping. There is a Hobby Boss 1-48 b-24 coming out. They fixed some issues but not others. Apparently HKs Lanc isn’t bad. Mybe they’ll do a Lanc but have a feeling the Asian market might go for B17 B24 and Superfortress. And to answer the previous question who would by when 1/32 already released - me! I’m happy to detail the interior of my 1/32 but there will never be room to display the whole thing- then there’s the incorrect airfoil and split turrets- nah they do an outstanding 1/35 kit I’m there. And probably plenty the same if it’s the kit they want. 

2 hours ago, spacewolf said:

Could it be possible they might do a Betty ...........

THAT I would definitely grab! Depending on how the "Kate" goes , I'll begetting another of those too along with the Zero [A6M2]. I 'm a little surprised they're looking at a B-17.