So I'm not dead after all ...

Sorry to read this Mike!

I can completely agree with your observation on the ER.  Three days before Christmas I developed a Kidney Stone.  I'm sure a few other members on here can relate to it.

I went to the ER at 3am and luckily after suffering in the waiting room for four hours a nurse came out and gave me a shot for the pain.

Long story short hospitals are not what they use to be for services anymore.

Glad you're on the mend.

Take Care

17 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Haven't been here since Monday last week. So what's  your excuse fool ??

Well,  I fell and fractured one left rib and my right thumb (fractured not broken).

Don't wanna whine but I hope none of you have to spend any time in an emergency

waiting 'lobby' (they called it).  It's like a nightmare form hell  :o.

Anyway , glad to be back , won't be much on the thunderbolt project but I'll do the

best I can.

Dang, Mike, that is terrible but I am glad you have your humor intact.  

Take care Mike. 

(I have reached the stage where I never ascend or descend staircases without a free appropriate hand to clasp the bannister rail. If it needs two hands to take up or down I'm dicing it.)

Tony 

5 hours ago, Tony T said:

Take care Mike. 

(I have reached the stage where I never ascend or descend staircases without a free appropriate hand to clasp the bannister rail. If it needs two hands to take up or down I'm dicing it.)

Tony 

That’s where I’m at.  Just got off the net researching knee surgeons in my area.  Both gotta go! 

Mike, I am glad to hear your injuries are relatively minor.  Heal up and get beck to the bench when you can, as Tom said, health comes first.  My best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Ernest 

Ouch, I know how that feels (rib). In 2000 I slipped and fell on a project site (Eastern Oregon coincidentally :shrug:), curled my head to protect it and curled the right arm to protect the digital camera I was carrying (Sony with floppy disk). I got up figuring I'd feel it in the morning. I didn't realize I had cracked a rib until the next morning in the hotel after showering. I sneezed and probably finished fracturing it. I think everyone in the hotel must have heard me.

On 1/22/2024 at 6:50 PM, MikeMaben said:

Haven't been here since Monday last week. So what's  your excuse fool ??

Well,  I fell and fractured one left rib and my right thumb (fractured not broken).

Don't wanna whine but I hope none of you have to spend any time in an emergency

waiting 'lobby' (they called it).  It's like a nightmare form hell  :o.

Anyway , glad to be back , won't be much on the thunderbolt project but I'll do the

best I can.

Man, that sucks!  Emergency rooms blow.  Hopefully, you're left-handed, so that thumb isn't as much of an issue!  Get well soon!