ICM CH-54 Tarhe being released this year with the Military Pod

Maxim61

• LSP_K2 changed the title to ICM CH-53 Tarhe being released this year with the Milatary Pod
On 1/20/2024 at 9:25 AM, ScottsGT said:

Flashbacks of building the old 1/72 Revell kit as a kid.  I’m surprised the AM industry didn’t come up with a MASH pod. 

I loooooved that kit!  I'd put in the jeep, take out the jeep, get little soldiers in a cluster around it . . .  IIRC it had a "working" winch, too!

On 1/20/2024 at 8:25 AM, ScottsGT said:

Flashbacks of building the old 1/72 Revell kit as a kid.  I’m surprised the AM industry didn’t come up with a MASH pod. 

3 hours ago, Mark_C said:

I loooooved that kit!  I'd put in the jeep, take out the jeep, get little soldiers in a cluster around it . . .  IIRC it had a "working" winch, too!

Indeed, my brother built that kit way back in the day and it was in my room on a shelf that I took over from him after he left my parents place.

I was fascinated with that model, it was so cool!

As far as the pods are concerned, there are at least 2 distinctly different shaped ones. The one shown on the ICM video / catalogue is distinctly square corners, and very box shape. The one shown in the picture above has rounded core era, I think it is longer and I think it has two wheels at the front with what looks to be one in the centre position at the rear. If I am correct the more box shape one was used as a workshop or as ‘office’ logistical space, where as the rounded one was the medical centre type.

I may not have all my facts correct but there are different shaped pods for sure.

53 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Shouldn't the title to this thread read CH54 instead of CH-53?  Or have I lost what's left of my mind, I'll go back to my bunker now. i've been "toying" with getting this kit ,looks fantastic!

100% correct, that is the problem these days everything just blends and we miss the obvious typo errors

Edited by Ali62

Has anyone stepped up with detail parts?  As said above everything seems to blend together.  The pod looks goos but I would want a civilian build.  ICM has a number of interesting figures and vehicles in 1/35

18 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I recommended them to release the same set in 1/32 scale as well.

I would buy it in that scale, too, as I have multiple VN War helos in both sizes (Hueys, Tarhe and Chinook in 1/35th; 2 Cobras in 1/32nd scale).

Edited by Bill Cross
add scales.

• LSP_Kevin changed the title to ICM CH-54 Tarhe being released this year with the Milatary Pod
  • LSP_Kevin changed the title to ICM CH-54 Tarhe being released this year with the Military Pod