Recce Voodoo

Dandiego

Holy doodles ! this is crazy. Amazing. I've probably seen more Voodoos (as a Canadian) than any other military jet- loudest thing I've ever encountered (next to the Vulcan perhaps). I've even seen a Voodoo crash. But it was an amazing plane ... with that second-gen good looks...

great to see what this evolves into !

Posted (edited)

A few small updates.

This is some clear sprue super glued to the tip of the tail. It will need to be sanded to shape.

dEgkWaA.jpg

Here is the first test fit of the Combat models windscreen and canopy. Not too bad actually. Careful sanding and a Future dip should help with the clarity.

wjt1lP6.jpg

And last for today, an overall look of the main components. Wings will be a challenge as the air intakes, as molded, are too small.

H4YvfI8.jpg

That's it.  Dan

Edited by Dandiego

Fin cap light, sanded to shape.

5ZFC1rX.jpg

Here are the horizontal tailplanes. Sc has come up with an ingenious design. There are 3 pins that hold both sides together and the whole thing pivots as well.

LiUsLRP.jpg

And here I have joined the 2 rear sections together. Putty will be sanded smooth when dry.

VjFU9W7.jpg

Dan

After a lot of contemplation I have decided to ditch the vac wings. SC's fuselage is so gorgeous I didn't want to graft on some very suspect vac wings. And I also didn't want to face the hassle of finding a way to attach them, install the wheel wheels and flap bays. 

So I sent an email to SC and asked if he would send me his 3d printed wings. He said yes. 

Now, he is still in the final design phase and these are not the finished product, but in my opinion will be much easier to work with.

WoCPEZQ.jpg

Anyway, this is just the first look. Much work still lies ahead.

Dan

47 minutes ago, Dandiego said:

After a lot of contemplation I have decided to ditch the vac wings. SC's fuselage is so gorgeous I didn't want to graft on some very suspect vac wings. And I also didn't want to face the hassle of finding a way to attach them, install the wheel wheels and flap bays. 

So I sent an email to SC and asked if he would send me his 3d printed wings. He said yes. 

Now, he is still in the final design phase and these are not the finished product, but in my opinion will be much easier to work with.

WoCPEZQ.jpg

Anyway, this is just the first look. Much work still lies ahead.

Dan

Lovely work Dan...looking very much like a Voodoo now! (I am also loving those Greek air Force decals in the background as well!) :)

Derek

Posted (edited)

Here is a little more for today.

Instrument panel and shroud.

yZj0c8a.jpg

Flaps. Grey copy is from SC. I will be scratching mine from sheet plastic with a 3d printed detail insert. Sc's part will, I am sure, contain tons of detail in its final form.

YIGWiYZ.jpg

Exhaust nozzles. Outside part courtesy of Chad Summers with the interiors from.....Me.

sf89WbQ.jpg

Printing flap interiors as I type.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

5 hours ago, Derek B said:

Lovely work Dan...looking very much like a Voodoo now! (I am also loving those Greek air Force decals in the background as well!) :)

Derek

Yes Derek. Greek markings. All that is left from an ill fated T-2 Buckeye project.

Don't even ask.

Dan