Kotare teaser - it's a Bf 109K!

mozart

Here's the under-bench area.. Yes I can just about get my feet in when I'm modelling.... :wub:

The ones at the right are five (yes, five) 1:24 Spitfire Mk.IXs. (And I've already built one!)

53457976446_7576705d1c_b.jpg

I have so many plans for them.. Early, late, 'e' wing, Mk.XVI low back conversion...

23 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

Here's the under-bench area.. Yes I can just about get my feet in when I'm modelling.... :wub:

The ones at the right are five (yes, five) 1:24 Spitfire Mk.IXs. (And I've already built one!)

53457976446_7576705d1c_b.jpg

I have so many plans for them.. Early, late, 'e' wing, Mk.XVI low back conversion...

I broke down and finally bought the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire kit. Okay, two after Laminar Flow announced he was going to do a XIV conversion. 

We're getting a new heating system installed this weekend so my shelves are in a huge upheaval at the moment. Which means I've found stuff I forgotten about. Once the work is done, this will give me a chance to sort everything out. 

Has Kotare mentioned anything about a mk 1a (late production)?  I remember when they first announced the spitfire there was a box art showing the Al Deere spitfire released as the mid with the writing underneath saying late production.  Here is a link to the photo https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235099252-132-spitfire-mkia-mid-and-early-from-kotare/

1 hour ago, BloorwestSiR said:

I broke down and finally bought the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire kit. Okay, two after Laminar Flow announced he was going to do a XIV conversion. 

We're getting a new heating system installed this weekend so my shelves are in a huge upheaval at the moment. Which means I've found stuff I forgotten about. Once the work is done, this will give me a chance to sort everything out. 

L. F. is doing a MK XIV conversion? I missed that completely! THAT will pull me off of the fence in getting one of these! I wonder if there will be an engine included, wouldn't that be a daisy! I thought I had a decent size stash[ ~ 250] across a broad spectrum of scales. Hell I'm a lightweight compared to some of you guys! 

A 1/24th scale Mk.XIV? Really, and here all I was hoping for was a conversion kit for a Mk.VII/VIII (hate the fixed tailwheel on the Mk.IX - really spoils the lines whilst in the air, I guess on the ground it doesn't matter, but I still know it's fixed).

Regards,

Jason

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

A 1/24th scale Mk.XIV? Really, and here all I was hoping for was a conversion kit for a Mk.VII/VIII (hate the fixed tailwheel on the Mk.IX - really spoils the lines whilst in the air, I guess on the ground it doesn't matter, but I still know it's fixed).

Regards,

Jason

Those would be fine too. For me, the Griffon spits are the ones . I'd really like to see A Seafire Mk XVII or even a MK XV.

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

Picked up my Mk. I late variant today at my LHS. I am Now ready for the Mk. V

Kotare has released a late version Mk.1?

Cheers,  Tom

8 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I thought I had a decent size stash[ ~ 250] across a broad spectrum of scales. Hell I'm a lightweight compared to some of you guys! 

250 is a decent size stash , likely larger than most.

You should be proud ...

wDJzNlA.jpg

;)

1 hour ago, Shoggz said:

Yeah, the one I trip over the most! :wicked:

Well I think the under bench stacks are limiting the carpet monsters trappings, plus if you hear the part go 'tink against a box...

Been some small bit of therapy seeing others stash shots I admit! I've got it bad enuf that I have to condense multiples of same kit into one box for space saving.

Man, if they released a P-51B/C i'd have to have a few. Big help if it were of Old Crow with Malcolm and paper tanks.

12 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Those would be fine too. For me, the Griffon spits are the ones . I'd really like to see A Seafire Mk XVII or even a MK XV.

I agree. A Seafire Mk.XV would be brilliant, in both versions (A-frame hook, and stinger tail). A Seafire Mk.XVII/F.17 would also be brilliant - really one my top favourite two or three Spitfire family variants. It was interesting as it really didn't have a Spitfire equivalent - the nearest would be a bubble-top Mk.XII, I suppose, but none were ever made like this.

Regards,

Jason