Yak-9T – René CHALLE – Régiment Normandie-Niemen – ICM 1/32

Furie

Posted (edited)

Today, I mainly did some tests to better visualize the rather peculiar BB'ing I'm going to do on the wooden wings: so I took my mule + dark alu + black + white + light brown + tan (as on my Yak 9).
For the underside of the wing MRP 18/AMT 7 with 1/3 thinner and the top with MRP 19/AMT 11 + MRP 20/AMT 12 with 1/3 thinner.
Results:

4fpa.jpg

zus4.jpg

gdny.jpg

sb9v.jpg

9p10.jpg

ktgb.jpg

AMT 7 and AMT 11 are pretty good I think, but AMT 12 covers the BB'ing a bit too much (in fact, it depends mainly on the orientation of the light, which is very powerful).
So I'd have to paint a thinner coat for this AMT 12.

What do you think?
I can't wait to read your opinions on this BB'ing.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Furie

On 3/23/2024 at 3:00 PM, ROM said:

Superbe :)

Thank you Romain.
It was a real pleasure to meet you in Bron on Saturday, to chat with you and share our common passion.

Thanks again for all the tips and tricks you gave me, and for having been able to admire your two breathtakingly beautiful M2Ks.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's one thing to see a model's picture on a forum, but it's quite another to see it for real.

Bravo again and thank you and see you soon I hope.

Denis

On 3/24/2024 at 7:29 AM, MikeMaben said:

As you know, it's not easy to judge from photos, but it looks quite nicely done from here Denis.  :goodjob:

On 3/22/2024 at 5:40 PM, Phil88 said:

I say that it does!!!! I couldn't wait to see the result and well, it's not bad at all. I note for the rest.

Thank you for your messages.
I'm quite happy with the tests I've done, the most important thing is that the effects are visible but discreet.
This morning I'm going to try painting the underside of the plane in very thin layers so that I can modulate the final look.

Well, I've just painted with MRP 18/AMT 7 with 1/3 thinner.
The transparency of the MRP paint, further enhanced by the thinner, enabled me to modulate this rather strange BB'ing as I wished, to achieve a subtle but present effect. 
A few brown/tan highlights can be seen here and there, making the overall effect less "monobloc".
I'm quite satisfied with the result, which is just what I wanted.

3b2n.jpg

me75.jpg

68p6.jpg

e9xn.jpg

30le.jpg

bbe0.jpg

tuvr.jpg

i3rs.jpg

gcaq.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 3:17 PM, Dennis7423 said:

Boy, that sure looks great! Excellent job :-)

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Thanks Dennis, I'm glad you like my little painting job.

It's a kind of experimental painting, and I'm quite happy with the result, and hope that the top of the wing will be just as successful!

Edited by Furie