Reskit A-7

Mark P

Thats a good question, i would say stronger but less flexible is my general experience with resin vs plastic.

Love seing these anoucement after hunting and spending a ton on the aires package.

That being said i want that seamless intake, and im happy i can stop hunting for the zacto one. Going to start this build has soon as i have my hands on the new parts

On 10/10/2023 at 11:46 AM, Mark P said:

I see Reskit has released extensive items for the 32nd A-7 Corsair. Among them, detailed landing gear, including mains.

IIRC, these are still in development and not yet readily available. I will not be starting my Trumpeter Corsair until these rest safely in my stash.

The new inlet / NLG looks very nice:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/reskit-tba-a-7-corsair-ii-corrected-air-intakes-with-front-and-main-wheel-bays-and-landing-gears--1503066

Problem is I've already fitted Aires MLG bays to both my SLUFs so would be using only half the set (x 2), and discarding the Zacto inlets. 

Really need to see the new cockpit / windshield / canopy gear stuff still early in development and buy one set to see how it all goes together. 

They should get together with ICM and just put out a new tool 1/32 LTV A-7 series.

Tony

3 hours ago, Tony T said:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/reskit-tba-a-7-corsair-ii-corrected-air-intakes-with-front-and-main-wheel-bays-and-landing-gears--1503066

Problem is I've already fitted Aires MLG bays to both my SLUFs so would be using only half the set (x 2), and discarding the Zacto inlets. 

Really need to see the new cockpit / windshield / canopy gear stuff still early in development and buy one set to see how it all goes together. 

They should get together with ICM and just put out a new tool 1/32 LTV A-7 series.

Tony

Why discarding the Zacto?

9 hours ago, Tony T said:

Tony

If Trumpeter would've done their homework [even half way] , there wouldn't have to be aftermarkets sets. then again we're talking about trumpeter here so there it is. I like the idea of ICM doing an A-7 with Reskit in tow.

20 hours ago, iaf-man said:

Why discarding the Zacto?

The ResKit nose wheel well & NLG looks significantly better than the hybrid Zacto-Trumpeter inlet/NLG bay arrangement and will likely better fit the new cockpit & canopy set which I believe is following from ResKit. 

The Zacto canopy frames / hoods are lovely but I loathe vacform clear parts. I may end up with a hotch-potch of unused Zacto and ResKit parts. Will let people know in case they are of any use to them — probably around the end of next summer.

We could also use a new ALQ-126 DECM canoe for the aft ventral fuselage. The "shape" in the Trumpeter kit needs replacing. And if there is a new fwd fuselage coming from ResKit I would also welcome an A-7A/B backdate set. 

Tony 

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

The ResKit nose wheel well & NLG looks significantly better than the hybrid Zacto-Trumpeter inlet/NLG bay arrangement and will likely better fit the new cockpit & canopy set which I believe is following from ResKit. 

The Zacto canopy frames / hoods are lovely but I loathe vacform clear parts. I may end up with a hotch-potch of unused Zacto and ResKit parts. Will let people know in case they are of any use to them — probably around the end of next summer.

We could also use a new ALQ-126 DECM canoe for the aft ventral fuselage. The "shape" in the Trumpeter kit needs replacing. And if there is a new fwd fuselage coming from ResKit I would also welcome an A-7A/B backdate set. 

Tony 

You're right about the front LG bay BUT the Corsair II had short legs. So I'm not convinced the difference will be noticeable unless putting the kit on a mirror. I'm also agreeing about the early marks but I will not get another kit as, finally, it looks I will possibly use less than twenty parts of the two kits I have: the fuselage halves without the nose and exhaust areas, the wings, the stabilators and the LG legs! Everything else will be replaced!

16 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

You're right about the front LG bay BUT the Corsair II had short legs. So I'm not convinced the difference will be noticeable unless putting the kit on a mirror. I'm also agreeing about the early marks but I will not get another kit as, finally, it looks I will possibly use less than twenty parts of the two kits I have: the fuselage halves without the nose and exhaust areas, the wings, the stabilators and the LG legs! Everything else will be replaced!

What levers it for me is the prospect of a new cockpit nose section which will work better with the new inlet/NLG. I'm also hoping to get a glass cabinet after a possible house move, which will expose the underside detail on the Navy jets. Mirror only at the back, to add depth and "double up" the display. 

The two A-7Es in the study have already received Aires MLG bays which have slightly bowed out the fuselage join under the airbrake, so cutting the tails for new ResKit ones might be a tiny bit tricky: might the cut be done after the fuselage is joined, or possibly even better accomplished that way? I haven't bought the tail set yet but the detail ResKit have apparently incorporated into it really captures an essential part of the SLUF's character.

The LTV A-7 is one of my favourite machines and I've already invested a huge amount in AM, so I may as well go for broke and get all the ResKit parts — front end sets, tail set, Shrikes, and MAU-11 triple sway-brace pylons — for an early and late 1970s format pair of A-7Es. 

So, as you say, that'll leave just the mainplane, tailplane, fin and centre fuselage from the Trumpeter boxings! 

If all goes peachy smoothly I will consider a third new kit with all the ResKit stuff just to keep a standby virgin in the stash, but am hoping the RPM F-4B will be landing around then. And that won't be cheap either! 

Thank goodness I have everything needed for the A-4F, A-6B and F-8J — some of Trumpeter's better offerings.  

Tony 

7 minutes ago, Ali62 said:

Well the competition is beating me to it but only myself to blame, but I still hope to do some parts of my own, as and when I get around to this.

A little competition never hurts...for the consumer anyway