1/32 Phantom Underwing fuel tanks...wow

Anthony in NZ

Hi team

Well as you know I have been busy (slowly) building my 1/32  RAF Phantom conversion from the Tamiya kit.

A company pretty new (to me at least) has been quietly releasing a bunch of beautifully designed and printed Parts for 1/32 Jets.  Anyway on Friday the postman dropped off a box all the way from beautiful Peru with a gorgeous set of Phantom underwing fuel tanks.  Designed as a complete replacement for the Tamiya kit ones.  As with new companies you wonder what their quality is like.  Well, all I can say are these are just amazing and some of the nicest 3D printed parts on the market presently.

I must say that I have no financial affiliation or anything with Eduardo from JPSM (sorry I had to shorten it as I didnt want to type that long name again lol) just a VERY happy and impressed customer!  And I thought I must absolutely post here as I know a lot of you guys have Phantoms in your stashes.

I'll do a quick mini review and there will be more on my next RAF Phantom build update.

So this is the product item

HBuavJ.jpg

RiGmVU.jpg

There is the Tamiya part I was about to start detailing....

CM24Q5.jpg

And here are the contents of the box

YLMsuh.jpg

Notice the little jig in the foreground for setting up the correct position for redrilling the holes to mount the tanks in the correct position, and thos pale circular items are apparently to ensure perfect alignment of the end caps.

Look at this detail....excuse my crappy pics

Jyrzji.jpg

J5Wnz0.jpg

ke94zf.jpg

Lds1dG.jpg

Nose cone (perfect shape and contour......just needs a few dings and dents added LOL)

VPGT3h.jpg

And finally end caps with rear part of pylon

5uK7zM.jpg

There is a separate fuel filler cap that drops in as well.

Anyway, I am super impressed and just wanted to post this as a public service announcement.  Actually I think whilst I type this Eduardo is a member here...

@Jet Passion

There we go...found him!

Thanks Eduardo...I hope you sell lots and bring us some more amazing products!

Well look out for them on my RAF Phantom build, I think the tanks are a super iconic and extremely visible on the Phantom, (whatever version) and will really add a lot to the look of your finished build as they are just so prominent

Cheers Anthony

They look great! 

There are plenty of “issues” with Tamiya’s Sargent Fletcher tanks: oversized, lacking in detail and improperly located under the wing (leading to misproportioned pylons).

These new tanks appear to correct most, if not all, of these problems.

Edited by allthumbs

• 1 month later...