New airscale Pro range - 1/32 Me109 G2/4 - Revell

airscale

thanks for the encouragement chaps :)

2 hours ago, JayW said:

Stunning!!!!!  So tell me about the beefy rings around these parts.  I have not seen such a thing before.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Looks like a great way to protect ultra delicate parts from my ham shaped fists!

indeed - they are shipping protectors - so they can go in a bag and then in a box with other parts and not get broken. As long as there is a most tenuous link to the part with a tiny connector, the supports basically combined with the ring make for a pretty bulletproof guard

1 hour ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Absolutely amazing, Peter!

Is it possible to print around a wire core? Asking for a friend..... :whistle:

Cheers,

Damian

Hi Damian - I think you need to tell your 'friend' I don't think it's possible - the print bed goes to within 2 thousandth of a mm onto the bed so there is no way you could get something in between and get a print. You could print hollow legs/ parts (if that is what your friend planned :ph34r:) and insert wire after to very tight tolerances - straights only I guess, or print in two halves if a bend is needed

Peter

13 minutes ago, airscale said:

thanks for the encouragement chaps :)

indeed - they are shipping protectors - so they can go in a bag and then in a box with other parts and not get broken. As long as there is a most tenuous link to the part with a tiny connector, the supports basically combined with the ring make for a pretty bulletproof guard

Hi Damian - I think you need to tell your 'friend' I don't think it's possible - the print bed goes to within 2 thousandth of a mm onto the bed so there is no way you could get something in between and get a print. You could print hollow legs/ parts (if that is what your friend planned :ph34r:) and insert wire after to very tight tolerances - straights only I guess, or print in two halves if a bend is needed

Peter

Yes, printing as a hollow with a cut at the bend and then assembling on the wire. Another, perhaps better, possibility is using the 3d Print of the gear leg as a master in resin casting. Much more detail available than manufacturers are able to achieve with injection molding. Unfortunately, I am of an age when the learning curve of 3D CAD is much too steep and time consuming to attempt. Maybe someone in the future will be willing to take up where I leave off.

If you don't mind I'm going to PM you regarding a couple of PE(?) parts to add to your Bf 109 project.

Cheers,

Damian