New airscale Pro range - 1/32 Me109 G2/4 - Revell

airscale

Well hello again,

I have come up with a new set...

I had a poll, I took the pulse, I had many learned responses and I chose to ignore all of them..(for now). I wanted to try what the kit people do and bang out 'another 109' so I can feed my family too..

In the coming weeks I will be getting this ready for production and for now I just have the test shots, so many things don't fit as they should or print correctly, but nonetheless I thought I would share the general direction of travel..

As with the Devastator there will be a main stand alone set of PE & interior decals, with optional 3D 'kick up a notch' extras..

The cockpit has new bulkheads, trim wheels, correct floor, rudder pedals and options for a new seat with no moulded belts and a gubbins set with a new throttle, oxygen control and Revi gunsight..

CqxMDL.jpg

H4h0Ru.jpg

2gH0Px.jpg

..there is also a full etched canopy etc with an option to mke your own glaxed centre section..

PFjFjE.jpg

ROxOZK.jpg

p9VQuz.jpg

..the wings (and chin) get new radiators, better detail covering a horrible gap and the fabric liners...

5JtMV6.jpg

..new wheels (& tailwheel) - a number of options including for later G series..

HbWhCl.jpg

..new U/C door outer liners..

S5hk3X.jpg

..and finally hollow & accurate exhausts...

v7qUJT.jpg

so, that wraps it up - despite a few flaws this is a £32 Me109 kit that I think with some help can be really competitive

Will share more as it develops and anyone who has built the kit or has any further suggestions I would love to hear from you :)

TTFN

Peter

14 hours ago, Del Davis said:

When do you expect to be selling it . Ready by the time of Telford?

Hi Del - yes, definately by Telford - hopefully in 3-4 weeks.

just waiting on a second test shot after some changes which should be here by the end of the week, then 3 weeks production

Have added a few bits, so there will be an exhaust & gun 3D set, a cockpit details 3D set and a couple of wheels sets with tailwheel

guns..

5j7X7Y.jpg

canopy explosive release added to the details set

qyI4HB.jpg

tailwheel

XNIS0m.jpg

..will pop up some pics of all the 3D parts when finished

TTFN
Peter

Looks very Nice indeed Peter and you are forcing me to buy another G2 kit :rolleyes: Those 3D parts look really nice particularly the throttle quadrant, seat and oxygen system will save loads of work.

Have you thought about including a set of your excellent harnesses in with the main cockpit etch set?

Regards. Andy 

3 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Looks very Nice indeed Peter and you are forcing me to buy another G2 kit :rolleyes: Those 3D parts look really nice particularly the throttle quadrant, seat and oxygen system will save loads of work.

Have you thought about including a set of your excellent harnesses in with the main cockpit etch set?

Regards. Andy 

I might do that Andy, it pushes the price up though so not sure...:hmmm:

3 hours ago, James Rademaker said:

Really nice!!! When can we expect it in the US? 
Thanks,

Jim

Hey Jim - well we ship worldwide so the day of release. I am not sure yet about putting the 3D stuff out to retailers like Sprue Bros as they are not stand alone packaged (just bagged with built in protection), they need the boxes we ship in really

anyways, may add a control column to the details set, just test printing a few now..

k0rFDe.jpg

Peter

Edited by airscale

32 minutes ago, airscale said:

I might do that Andy, it pushes the price up though so not sure...:hmmm:

anyways, may add a control column to the details set, just test printing a few now..

k0rFDe.jpg

Peter

I can see that's a tricky one on including your own belts due to an increase in price point but if you buy this set then a set of belts are required as well. For me personally I would be happy with a cockpit set including the belts and would expect to pay accordingly.

Nice control column by the way and if its anything like your Browning set for the Devastator then the fidelity of detail would be excellent!

Regards. Andy 

24 minutes ago, James Rademaker said:

I have an additional question, regarding your terrific 109 update. Are you selling them as a package or can you purchase individual components?

Thanks,

Jim

Good question Jim, let me clarify..

Current thinking is:

Pro PE & Interior decals - £26.95

3DP Interior set with Control stick, Throttle control, Oxygen control, Gunsight & Canopy Jettison mechanism - £11.50

wBHSPU.jpg

3DP Exhausts & Guns - £6.50

3DP Seat - £4.50

3DP Wheels & Tailwheel - £6.95

Prices & contents may vary until I have the final production parts QA'd

TTFN
Peter

29 minutes ago, airscale said:

Good question Jim, let me clarify..

Current thinking is:

Pro PE & Interior decals - £26.95

3DP Interior set with Control stick, Throttle control, Oxygen control, Gunsight & Canopy Jettison mechanism - £11.50

wBHSPU.jpg

3DP Exhausts & Guns - £6.50

3DP Seat - £4.50

3DP Wheels & Tailwheel - £6.95

Prices & contents may vary until I have the final production parts QA'd

TTFN
Peter

This is looking very interesting Peter but would you not add the the seat to the 3DP interior set and up the price accordingly as the kit part is really not grest and it would complete a really nice 3D resin update set to perfection, just a thought and for anyone who has built a few would make a lit of sense. 

Regards. Andy 

41 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

This is looking very interesting Peter but would you not add the the seat to the 3DP interior set and up the price accordingly as the kit part is really not grest and it would complete a really nice 3D resin update set to perfection, just a thought and for anyone who has built a few would make a lit of sense. 

Regards. Andy 

Thats a good shout actually Andy - would simplify things

thank you

I am starting a rework tomorrow as I now have an 'experten' on board, there are some changes needed :) I am thrilled though because it means this set will be bang on for this variant, and I must admit it has been a minefield to navigate the fit out for these G2/G4 birds

Peter

today's changes..

control stick has trigger stowed on the ground..

Kc2vAL.jpg

new throttle, not the late G/K I did above..

p1PmU5.jpg

new REVI 12D sight replacing the 16B I did before..

sxO6mO.jpg

DQ5VZn.jpg

revised oxygen control..  remains to be seen if this prints / can be removed from supports.. test print running now..

dt4lRl.jpg

GTRooW.jpg

more to come :)

Peter

Edited by airscale