RF 4EJ Phantom 501st reconnaissance squadron

alain11

Hi gents

Here is at last my RF 4 EJ. This is the Tam's kit at the 1/32 scale..... some  AM sets, namely: the Eduard exhaust nozzle, the AMS jamming pod, the Red fox cockpit set (I've  modified the top of the front instrument panel), and the Sparkit seats (very nice stuffs, I only added the safety pins)........ and of course some scratch build here and there such as the cockpit side walls , and rear bulkheads ( this cockpit is the weakest point of the kit  ) , the Lorop recce pod ,which works with the  two camera sights ( I guess) into the aft canopy , a bit of wires into the gear bays . the stencils  are a mix of the Tam 's decals , and Procal's ... the Woody wood peaker 's head is hand painted .. paints are Mr hobby ( H 319 , 340 313 and 315 .......so now ...enjoy ...or not ......... thanks for watching
cheers

Alain

100510.jpg

10213.jpg

10613.jpg

10813.jpg

10313.jpg

10413.jpg

11012.jpg

11411.jpg

11311.jpg

10913.jpg

11111.jpg

img_3911.jpg

5512.jpg

5015.jpg

5219.jpg

227.jpg

5618.jpg

5714.jpg

Awesome Phantom! You gave the Tamiya kit a lot of love to get it to look that good.

When I was stationed at Kadena I'd get lunch and go to Naha airport and watch the 

F-4EJ's taxi and go fly. Nothin like the sound of J-79's in burner going down the runway.

Cheers...Ron