ID Models 1/48 CP-140 Aurora

chrish

That's the great thing about Canadian winters, well about the only good thing really...lots of time to stay indoors and build models

Another donated kit, after seeing me finish the Hudson a friend figured I needed more experience to hopefully get this one right.

I've got most of the big bits cut out and will maybe, start sanding off the excess sheet this week...or next. 

I've found a fairly good walkaround of a Australian Orion but as always could use more. If anybody can point in in a direction for information (panel lines, wheel wells interior structure etc. it would be greatly appreciated.

She's a biggun...not an LSP but still a Lsp

l30QN5B.jpg?1

MgmL4Qn.jpg?1

leaning against my X coffee cup stand now air tank stand

wYCAYu2.jpg

ohyYBBv.jpg

IJWVFD6.jpg

Igbbt3q.jpg

Why do I do this crazy sh*t when the stash is loaded with state of the art new release high tech kits!?

Oh well, such is my insanity.

thanks for looking

12 hours ago, chrish said:

That's the great thing about Canadian winters, well about the only good thing really...lots of time to stay indoors and build models

Another donated kit, after seeing me finish the Hudson a friend figured I needed more experience to hopefully get this one right.

I've got most of the big bits cut out and will maybe, start sanding off the excess sheet this week...or next. 

I've found a fairly good walkaround of a Australian Orion but as always could use more. If anybody can point in in a direction for information (panel lines, wheel wells interior structure etc. it would be greatly appreciated.

She's a biggun...not an LSP but still a Lsp

leaning against my X coffee cup stand now air tank stand

wYCAYu2.jpg

Why do I do this crazy sh*t when the stash is loaded with state of the art new release high tech kits!?

Oh well, such is my insanity.

thanks for looking

What on Earth is that Windex bottle doing?!  I can't make out the details, but it looks like compressed "something" is hooked from an LP gas tank to what I swear is a spray bottle with blue fluid in the bottom (Windex?  Detergent?) and somehow connected to what looks like one of the old spray-can connectors Badger used to sell (the one with the thin black tube) . . .???

It's very intriguing!

58 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

What on Earth is that Windex bottle doing?!  I can't make out the details, but it looks like compressed "something" is hooked from an LP gas tank to what I swear is a spray bottle with blue fluid in the bottom (Windex?  Detergent?) and somehow connected to what looks like one of the old spray-can connectors Badger used to sell (the one with the thin black tube) . . .???

It's very intriguing!

I think it's just hanging on the pipe by the trigger.

51 minutes ago, denders said:

I think it's just hanging on the pipe by the trigger.

Don't disappoint me with prosaic answers!

Besides, that doesn't explain why it seems a propane tank is being used for spraying . . .

I'm guessing that Chris is using that as an air tank and there is a compressor on the floor. It may be an "expired" tank and he put it to good use. A long time ago, I had a "portable" tank that I used to fill up with a small airbrush compressor. I managed to kill the little compressor, so I bought a larger compressor, sans tank to use for a while until I bought a pneumatic nailer 'kit' and used that compressor to supply the airbrush when I didn't need it for home improvement projects. The drawback with the individual compressors was that I had to watch the pressure gage and start the compressor back up because I didn't have a pressure switch attached to do that.

Edit: I notice the upside-down blue cap which looks like the cap that used to come with Badger airbrushes for use on the 'canned air' to power them.

Edited by denders

I’m keen to see how this builds up. It’s a kit I’ve often thought about buying but haven’t got around to yet. 

There is a set of resin engines and props available for this kit which save a huge amount of work. The name of the producer I’m far from certain but Line Star models rings a bell. Maybe it’s of interest?