Mojo Starters

Uncarina

This is exactly the situation I'm in, I have a Hasegawa Bf-109 on the bench that is almost completed, but for the life of me, over the last few weeks, I just can't bring myself to work on it, on anything for that matter, this is the most mojo I have ever lost for modelling that I can remember.....and to make matters worse, it's Winter here, and its been cold and windy, perfect weather for modelling, and I"m just wasting it.

Jeff.

11 hours ago, DonH said:

1/72 Airfix kits sometimes do it for me.

Others say that Tamiya motor bikes are good to kick start the mojo. Not tried that yet but may do soon.

My difficulty is lost momentum on builds. I have kits that sit on the bench part completed and don't move for weeks or months. Not sure if this is lack of mojo or just slow building pace.

Yaaaaa I made the mistake of buying a Tamiya motorcycle kit….damned things are more addicting than crack cocaine. I’m trying to get that monkey off my back now too!

those are amazing models that just fall together…..with the caveat, read the damned instructions! (This is where I get into trouble)

Ditto to Mike C:  But I'll move down even further: 1/72 something fun and easy: Eduard Spitfire (Overtrees are great for this!) or an 1/72 Academy where I'm usually very impressed with the detail quality and kit engineering.  Sometimes I'll do something like this in parallel with a 1/32 build which can stretch on for months (ahem... years?).  This way I accomplish something sooner rather than later....

Good luck!

CN

8 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Lego...?:rolleyes:

This is true!     The only thing I don't like about using Lego as a mojo builder is that it doesn't hone any of the normal skills used in modeling. But the Lego kits are indeed great fun 

15 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Lego...?:rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

This is true!     The only thing I don't like about using Lego as a mojo builder is that it doesn't hone any of the normal skills used in modeling. But the Lego kits are indeed great fun 

It's very useful stuff for making custom jigs for one's regular modelling.