Fokker Dr.I / MENG 1/24

Hi,

I picked up the new MENG Fokker Dr.I in 1/24th scale. Overall a very nice kit. I cannot comment on the accuracy but so far I didn´t spot a severe inaccuracy. Also fit of parts is very nice. So let´s get started with the cockpit, fuel tank etc. The harness will be finished once the fuselage is closed, painted and weahtered.
I finally settled on Richthofen´s 152/17 for the scheme and will use Aviatic fabric decals and airbrush masks from DN Models.

i2N8ZWG.jpg

cW9uksr.jpg

OELZwva.jpg

XP6M7If.jpg

tAGazsW.jpg

Bye for now,

Bernd.

Edited by 109

Hi Bernd,

great job done so far, are the wooden walls also decals or painted?

The safety belts, on the other hand, do not convince me, they seem very coarse, it would be better to see if there is something in the aftermarket world(maybe HGW), a model on this scale deserves more.

My 2 cent

Excellent job so far. I don't know if you've heard this or not, but there is apparently some current evidence to support the notion that the plywood side panels, were actually painted in a red shade of some sort. I'll do mine as bare wood though, probably, just as you have done, at least until I see definitive proof, which may never happen.

20 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Excellent job so far. I don't know if you've heard this or not, but there is apparently some current evidence to support the notion that the plywood side panels, were actually painted in a red shade of some sort. I'll do mine as bare wood though, probably, just as you have done, at least until I see definitive proof, which may never happen.

Thanks Kevin,

I´ve heard that, too. I just went for a dark wooden finish. But I am not an expert for WWI and Fokkers. Spreaking abaout the camo and markings therse seems to be a great variety of variants floating around of Manfred´s Fokker. Are there original photos of 152/17 available? Thanks :-)

PS: This build is inspired by Wolf Buddee´s Fokker!

18 hours ago, 109 said:

Thanks Kevin,

I´ve heard that, too. I just went for a dark wooden finish. But I am not an expert for WWI and Fokkers. Spreaking abaout the camo and markings therse seems to be a great variety of variants floating around of Manfred´s Fokker. Are there original photos of 152/17 available? Thanks :-)

PS: This build is inspired by Wolf Buddee´s Fokker!

I believe there are a few photos of 152/17, yes.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

some progress... finished the construction work on the main air frame subassemblies. I started the under painting of the fabric covered wings and fuselage in white, tan and light blue. Still not finished. I will use Aviatic´s fabric decals.

faEA4qD.jpg

PY6VDyk.jpg

The blue needs a translucent white coat before applying the decals ...

ppOgTqQ.jpg

Bye for now,

Bernd.

• 1 month later...