Phantom Phreaks 1st 1/32 F-4 Release availble now. RF-4C -Yep, same kit as was seen at the Nationals this year.

Juggernut

Before anyone gets uppity and bent out of shape, this new kit IS the RoG RF-4C plastic with special decals like what was shown at the IPMS Nationals in Las Vegas this year.  Not my cup-o-whiskey (I don't drink tea).  At $130, I'm sure that this one may be sitting in stock for quite awhile but that's just my guess.  No idea on the production run either. 

Here's the link

And a 3-piece upgrade set, which has resin wheels for the Tamiya kit? At least the fin cap and photo-flash bays are nice, but in my opinion both sets should have been included in the boxing to justify that price tag. Swing and a miss, for me. I even have this kit on the bench right now, and it needs more help than they're providing. 

Just...an unfathomable marketing ploy to kick off a new line of kits. Why slap the name of your new line onto a repop that's 1)overpriced 2) has nothing to do with a new tooled, new line of kits and 3)doesn't even include the upgrade parts that you are peddling? Regardless of what you think of the Revell Phantoms ( I kinda like them for what they are, at the RIGHT price), this is not the way to do it. Not. Very. Wellthoughtout.

And it just struck me, the extras they are shilling add up to another $89. Yeah,  I'm all in...:BANGHEAD2:

Edited by eoyguy

I’m not sure the decal sheet is even worth $30.  They sell their decals for $27, and since they are only for a single aircraft, it doesn’t seem much of a deal compared to the multiple option, multiple sheet decals you can get from AOA and others for a lower price.

Have to say, this does make one question the ability to deliver a completely new tool über line of 1/32 F-4s for a reasonable price.  But, I guess we’ll see.  Either it will happen or it won’t.