in preorder 192 dollar + 30 shipping

12 hours ago, Youngtiger1 said:

That is one cool jet. 

Yes indeed i hope the do the 2seater also

11 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very cool!

Yes its just a special jet

5 hours ago, Flight Line Media said:

Nice start, Mark! I look forward to seeing the completion of this project.

Thanks and yes me to

I hope to have a update later today so now back to the bench and building

Mark

Wonderful details!! I have received mine a couple of weeks ago (and published the images of the kit parts in the Viggen topic). Now I can see that the bare resin parts conceal some of the details but here the interiors of the intake looks great with all that rivets, lines and plates after paint. Really well done Jetmads. And of course you are doing a stellar job, Mark. This is likely to be an epic build and I'm looking forward to see how this goes before I start building mine.

I am seriously thinking of placing another order now before they are all gone again.

19 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great work Mark!

Cant wait to get my copy

Thanks and yes i can believe that but its waiting worth

19 hours ago, frank83 said:

Wow, look at that!! Looks wonderful, great riveting even inside the intake!

This is really going to be a big one, so it seems.

Watching with great interest :popcorn:

Yes not a small plane

19 hours ago, blackbetty said:

hey, cool!

indeed

18 hours ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

That's really looking the part. Great details indeed. If the other parts are as good as those intakes ...

Cheers

Rainer

So far what i can see is just yes.

But some parts look eter with paint on so the detais pops out

15 hours ago, JMcD said:

Received my first copy yesterday, I absolutely loved the details and they look even better here when painted.

Very good start, I think this will be a striking model when finished and I will follow with greatest interest.

Indeed when done and in splinter you have a eye catcher

14 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

What a superbly designed kit! And you're doing great work on it, Mark.

Kev

Thanks

14 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

That intake detail is truly outrageous, hats off to JetMads.

indeed and also for the rest off the parts

14 hours ago, mattcour said:

Wonderful details!! I have received mine a couple of weeks ago (and published the images of the kit parts in the Viggen topic). Now I can see that the bare resin parts conceal some of the details but here the interiors of the intake looks great with all that rivets, lines and plates after paint. Really well done Jetmads. And of course you are doing a stellar job, Mark. This is likely to be an epic build and I'm looking forward to see how this goes before I start building mine.

I am seriously thinking of placing another order now before they are all gone again.

Yes i have seen your pics and thanks for the words i do my best

1 hour ago, Violator1991 said:

:goodjob::goodjob::popcorn::popcorn:

thank you

I wonder, might there be any tips or tricks for airbrushing the insides of such a cavity like an air duct? I suppose, if the duct is not too deep/long one can manage to spray the insides. For me using Vallejo paint, I guess I will airbrush on glossy black and then some super thin layer of metallic steel, and somehow make the seams go away, something that has to be dealt with prior to painting the things on the inside. If there is some detailing, like a strip on the outside that doesn't align between two resin parts, I would want to just remove the detail and replace it with styrene. I am also imagining, the possibility of drilling at least two holes between large resin parts, and if aligned properly, it would act as a guiding pin, if inserting a styrene rod into both holes, obviously dry fitting would be necessary and maybe trial and error, to get the two resin parts matching up satisfactory.

Edited by Treehugger

1 hour ago, Treehugger said:

I wonder, might there be any tips or tricks for airbrushing the insides of such a cavity like an air duct? I suppose, if the duct is not too deep/long one can manage to spray the insides. For me using Vallejo paint, I guess I will airbrush on glossy black and then some super thin layer of metallic steel, and somehow make the seams go away, something that has to be dealt with prior to painting the things on the inside. If there is some detailing, like a strip on the outside that doesn't align between two resin parts, I would want to just remove the detail and replace it with styrene. I am also imagining, the possibility of drilling at least two holes between large resin parts, and if aligned properly, it would act as a guiding pin, if inserting a styrene rod into both holes, obviously dry fitting would be necessary and maybe trial and error, to get the two resin parts matching up satisfactory.

the intakes are 2 parts so no problem onpainting i found

I have used alclad for the inside

To get the alingment right just dryfit a lot and do side by side.

you will need to remove a bit off resin to make it a nice fit it whas a job off 10 min each side so notting hard to do.

what you have seen on the pic whas a dryfit.

Will try to take a new one and the seam isnt visible iff you take your time on the fitting

hope this helps

Mark