Mengnut Wings Fokker Dr. 1

Wolf Buddee

What I really enjoy however, is the oily hand prints on the inter-wheel fairing! 

Lovely build so far,

Sean

Thanks Sean,

Yes, Karl-Heinz, one of the maintenance crew can’t seem to be able to touch any part of the aeroplane without filthy hands. He’s such a Schwein! It’s becoming a real source of irritation for the Rittmeister………..:fight:

Cheers,

Wolf

Finally, a week of holidays has begun, yeah! My two oldest granddaughters were supposed to arrive a couple of days ago but issues with their flight schedule means they’ll arrive tonight instead so I’ve had a little time to continue on with the Dr. 1.

With the MGs installed it was time to add the center cabane struts, their rigging wires, and the rigging for the undercarriage. This is why I recommend not gluing the firewall assembly to the fuselage. The holes where the ends of the bracing wires run through in to the fuselage were drilled all the way through. This allowed me to pull the lines through the fuselage and hold them tight. Then applying a drop of extra thin CA secured the line inside the fuselage. No excess CA showing anywhere and without any further tensioning required. The cabane bracing wires will be pulled tight once the upper wing has been installed.

0z6CYNG.jpg

omTpocg.jpg

Here’s a close up of the cockpit opening showing the Taurus Models Fokker Cowl Nuts to advantage. The sharp eyed amount you will also notice I replaced the crash pad assembly on the rear of the MGs that I’d originally installed with the correct configuration as shown in the photos of this aircraft on the WnWs website. The field applied access covers for adjusting the magnetos have also been added using 5 minute epoxy glue which gave me lots of time to adjust their position. These are kit supplied and curled slightly by pressing them against a large punch so they conformed to the fuselage curvature. They were primered and sprayed with Alclad II Dark Aluminum before being attached.

VZ9wXMz.jpg

As usual, 2lb fishing line, Gaspatch turnbuckles, and Bob’s Buckles brass tubing was used for the rigging.

She’s gettin’ close to being finished now………:P

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Did I mention my little conspiracy theory about Wolf's minions? You know these little yellow guys, doing crazy s@#% for their master? Well , here you have it.

Amazing detail my friend , as always.

Cheers

Martin

on the way to Canada  :)

tenor.gif?itemid=14713153

Edited by Martinnfb

Wow,

Thank-you gentlemen for all the kind comments. They’re always appreciated!

Ivanmoe, europapete is absolutely correct. You can order the Aviattic decals directly from their website. Richard Andrews is a real pleasure to deal with and the orders are processed and shipped promptly so purchase from Aviattic with confidence. They’re a great product and offer more than just decals. I built their smaller German WW I re-fuelling cart a number of years ago and it’s a great addition to any of the 1/32nd German WW I aircraft kits available.

Cheers,

Wolf

1 hour ago, scvrobeson said:

It looks fantastic Wolf! Smart idea to leave the firewall off to run the rigging lines through. I'll have to try that on the Camel.

Matt 

Hi Matt,

The same approach may not work with the Camel as the bracing wires on the Camel were flat with a terminal at each end. Of course, if you’re not attempting to use flat wire, it’ll make the task much easier. I have some of RB Productions flat rigging wire and Gaspatch’s metal and resin terminal ends for British WW I aircraft so I need to find an easy way to use it and keep the flat wire from bowing. I was recently looking at my Camel kit and it should be an interesting challenge. As you can tell it’s another great kit from WnWs.

Cheers,

Wolf