Mengnut Wings Fokker Dr. 1

Wolf Buddee

Even in’ all,

Decal application has continued on the wings and some paint has been applied to the fuselage and the upper surface of the top wing in preparation of more of Aviattic’s decals for the Dr. 1. It’s starting to appear obvious which colour scheme I’m going for. Aviattic has released a decal sheet set for this specific aircraft but I had already bought the varnished faded streaked decals for the Dr. 1 and I didn’t want to pay for another set so the final model may look a bit different but I’m going to be OK with that. It should look very nice just the same.

73tIVkT.jpg

iJFmu7K.jpg

The metal center wing section was painted RLM 83 Dark Green from my diminishing stash of Aeromaster paints. The same was done for the metal sections on the forward fuselage.

MUTKoY2.jpg

JsHvBPR.jpg

tSFNKLD.jpg

nsniFOc.jpg

ZpJx7KS.jpg

Cheers,

Wolf

PS. Thank-you folks for all your above comments and encouragement. Much appreciated!

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Just beautiful once again!  Love your extremely neat masking and that white looks amazing.

Only thing is that join between the tailplane and fuselage got missed :D....Just kidding of course, I'll get my coat on my way out!  

But before I do, keep up the great work and inspiration, multi-wing aircraft scare me, but you have no worries there!

Edited by Anthony in NZ

7 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Excellent, Wolf! Is that a different red on the fuselage compared to the tailplanes?

Kev

Hi Kevin,

Yes it is. The lighting has picked up the slight difference in the red on the upper fuselage. It’s not quite as noticeable with the naked eye. On the fuselage sides however the red in front of the tail planes is supposed to be lighter as the background for the cross was originally white. When it was repainted the red was somewhat translucent and the lighter background showed through. The same thing appears on the upper wing. The pic that shows the upper wing in paint was just added as I realized I forgot to add it in my original posting! I’m getting old you know. <_<

Cheers,

Wolf

Anthony, Kev2, Paul, Kev1, and Mike,

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Kev2, I had read somewhere, but couldn’t find it to confirm, that the axle wing upper surface was indeed paint a solid colour. I thought Dark Green like the metal fuselage panels but the Aviattic set of decals for the Dr. 1 came with a decal for the axle wing so I used it. I figure it’ll add to the general grubby look of the axle wing once it’s weathered further with castor oil  that has dripped down off the rotary engine. At least that’s the plan. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Wolf