Revell Bf 109G6/R6 1/32 Pilot Gottfried Weiroster

Gazzas

4 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Hi Gary, I just looked through your entire build sequence up to this point and must say you are doing an above and beyond job thus far.  The Revi sight looks exceptional and your work on the control surfaces is top shelf.  I have this kit in the stash with a lot of the same AM stuff you have so it will be interesting to see how you incorporate it into your build.  

Ernest

Thank you Ernest!   Sadly, this kit really needs a lot of work/AM...  and I have the G-10, too!  I'm on standby as I wait for some more AM to come from Barracuda.

3 hours ago, dennismcc said:

This is looking great, I haven't built a 109 for about 20 years but if I keep watching this that could change as I have a few of them in the stash.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you Dennis!  There are quite a few builds of this kit on LSP.  I'm on standby as I wait for more AM from Barracuda.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get much done this week on this model.  But all of my AM is finally here.

So, I cut off the pouring blocks and cleaned the resin parts.

P1013959.thumb.JPG.96369ba3f7a49e961b6be

Then I took some time to dry-fit the whole mess together:

P1013957.JPG.a547b39c0c024775a5e45c9ff38\

P1013958.thumb.JPG.09ae11692f69502533b35

Heady stuff...   I've never had so many loose parts on a model before.   

16 hours ago, Greif8 said:

This will be an interesting build to follow!  Looks like you have your work cut out for you Gary!

Ernest

2 hours ago, Shiba said:

Hi, Looks great so far Gary,  I'm working on the same kit with some a/m parts to mess with,

I'll follow this thread with fun and big interest:)

Matsu.

Thank you, friends.  This is really a big step up for me.  All of this resin and brass...   I have never used so much before.

Great work on the G-6, Gaz!  The cockpit looks amazing!  If you want to reduce the amount of AM, I would suggest using the kit upper wings instead of the Barracuda resin ones.  I don't think they really add anything beyond the kit parts and were intended to replace the large wheel bulge upper wings on the G-10 kit to cover more G-10 variants.  I would also recommend picking up AMUR Reaver's Erla G-10 cowling when you eventually get to that G-10 build... it's a beautiful piece of resin.

On 7/12/2021 at 4:23 PM, Thunnus said:

Great work on the G-6, Gaz!  The cockpit looks amazing!  If you want to reduce the amount of AM, I would suggest using the kit upper wings instead of the Barracuda resin ones.  I don't think they really add anything beyond the kit parts and were intended to replace the large wheel bulge upper wings on the G-10 kit to cover more G-10 variants.  I would also recommend picking up AMUR Reaver's Erla G-10 cowling when you eventually get to that G-10 build... it's a beautiful piece of resin.

Thank you, John!    I actually already scooped up the Amur Reaver G-10 cowling.  I haven't picked out a scheme for the G-10 yet...   but I want to build something with the large upper wheel bulges.  

Here we are with another update.

I mainly spent my last hours with the kit trying to get the front end together.  Brassin exhaust stubs and PE heat shields. 

P1013961.thumb.JPG.a0cff1da4fe38ed8e5ee1

P1013962.thumb.JPG.679894f524a5484ef50f8

P1013963.thumb.JPG.bb7c6454adfb5a84b6645

After these photos, I fared in the supercharger intake with CA.  Sanded it, and tested the result with some gray primer.   But no photo for that.

But...   before I realized it, I had glued the cockpit halves together, and was dry fitting the clear parts.

P1013965.thumb.JPG.a7ef68b337ce73f0649df

Unfortunately, my copy of the Barracuda upper cowl doesn't fit totally flush behind the oil cooler...   So there will be filling, and my arch-enemy, re-scribing.

(note red arrows)

P1013966.thumb.JPG.f9202539c00f5bbad518b

Happy modelling!

Edited by Gazzas

On 6/6/2021 at 12:23 AM, Gazzas said:

..... I've had to order more AM for it......

No you don't. You can build this stuff all yourself. Or build the entire aircraft yourself. Or build the kit as is. Or any combination between. No one is forcing you to buy anything!!

Hi Gary,

I wouldn't fill and re-scribe the panel line at the front of the cowl. I'd glue a thin strip of styrene to the front of the cowl and sand it back until the gap was even at the bottom corners of the cowling. Don't get me wrong. What you were proposing would work but a little shim of styrene card sanded back to where you need it may be easier and you don't have to worry about scribing. Just a thought`............

Cheers,

Wolf 

14 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

No you don't. You can build this stuff all yourself. Or build the entire aircraft yourself. Or build the kit as is. Or any combination between. No one is forcing you to buy anything!!

I grew up poor, in a suburb of Detroit.  I made my own toys with cardboard boxes and surgical tape that my mother would bring home from the hospital where she worked.    Ever hear the phrase:  "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all"?  Please think of it often.

I'm not poor any more.

Edited by Gazzas