Jump to content

Chris Wimmer

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Chris Wimmer last won the day on April 1 2016

Chris Wimmer had the most liked content!

About Chris Wimmer

  • Rank
    Hooked For Life
  • Birthday 05/03/1966

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Deepest South of Germany
  • Interests
    Singing, acting, WW2 aviation, Il2 sturmovik flightsimming, ultralighting, good beer, good wine, cats,..... ah, and women, of course... :)

Recent Profile Visitors

255 profile views
  1. Looks absolutely cool, I like the weathering! Pic 4 is my favourite Chris
  2. Fantastic result and well worth all the effort! Chris
  3. That's a cool looking Gustav! Well done! Chris
  4. Just beautiful, fantastic work! :clap2: cheers Chris
  5. Thanks for the kind words, Shawn and Guy! Very appreciated Interesting shot of the 109 at Johannesburg museum: Not bad in view of its age, but I think I'll better do some scratchbuilding in this prominent area: Engine and guns fitting test, just to see what it may look like in the future... This was really hard to do then but it had to be done... Thanks for your interest Chris
  6. Thank you, Alain and Shaka Hi! I am using my homemade punch and die set for making small parts like this. One year ago I found it could be nice to have one, but when finished this quickly became one of the most important modelling tools I ever had. The fuel cap is made from evergreen strips and odd styrene pieces. Finally I rounded the surfcace by a drop of UV glue. Chris
  7. This is what I call innovative modelling. Great work! Chris
  8. Great build and superb scratchbuilding too! Chris
  9. Superb work on your Tiffy, Shawn! Cockpit and gearbays look fantastic! cheers Chris
  10. Like your modelling style, Alain! It's a joy to watch this build... cheers Chris
  11. Small update today: This is an early Bf109E-1 which served in the spanish civil war, currently under restoration to airworthy condition at Meier Motors company. The outer fuel filler cap is removed and I found this would be an interesting detail to show on my model: Next I searched the web for a Bf109 fuel cap and found this. Think this could be the right one: I sandwiched four pieces of 0,5mm sheet styrene and pressed them into the fuselage curve by using a clothes peg. After curing and sanding smooth it looked like this: The finished fuel cap: Forward fuel cap: Planning to join the fuselage halves tomorrow... Thank you Chris
  12. Fantastic work on this old bird, Mark. Love it! Chris
  13. Thank you, Mark! The glue I'm using is a german product, but there is a number of manufacturers out there. Just search for "uv hardening glue" and you surely will find one. The starter set is not expensive at all and contents a small UV-Beamer. https://www.amazon.de/Marston-Domsel-UV-Klebeset-mit-UV-Beamer-MUV-SET-F3/dp/B00MX4C6JY Hi Thomas! This old kit is magic indeed. I absolutely enjoy the build- despite its age. Would love to watch a new project of yours here! Aber natürlich freuts mich wenn du zuguckst Fürstenfeldbruck schaffe ich heuer leider zeitlich nicht aber ich melde mich die Tage bei dir... Thank you, Guy! This is such a nice and accurate old kit that I hope to do it justice! Thank you Allyby! Hope you're patient, no chance at all to hit the deadline. This baby needs a lot of love! cheers Chris
  • Create New...