Kitty Hawk models is going out of business

Dave Roof

27 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’d say you’re dangerously low on H-60 kits, but I get that your interest is USMC aircraft, so probably not much there for you.  But only one OV-10D?  Tsk tsk.  ;)

There was only 1 OV-10D left in stock when I placed my order or I would have picked up a couple more.

16 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

I think my absolute limit in the number of times I'd enjoy building the same kit is no more than twice.  Twelve!!  wow!!!:o

I committed to building several models for fellow Marines and some HMLA squadrons. When the word came down KH was closing, I got what I could to fulfill that commitment. I'd rather be safe than sorry. 

15 hours ago, John1 said:

Zig, I’ll never use the cannon, I’m converting my kit to an Army Lima model.   If you want it, PM me.  

If Zig passes on this i would definately be a taker

Managed to get an F-86K from BNA in Oz. 

Only the Norwegian can be done OOB, as the large scoop is missing from this boxing (it's in the F-86D). Eduard is one way to get it, but it's expensive and I hate PE, especially long folds like this entails. Going to have to try it in this plastic sheet.

Paul in balmy Hawke's Bay

2 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Paul can you share a pic please of the scoop you’re talking about? Might be an easy thing to throw into cad and print in resin

Can you print anything in 3d?

I have a couple of pieces (pics) I need in resin if you can do it.

It's for a 1/35 helicopter. 

Tim

Yes, have four printers here (2 resin and 2 FDM / plastic) Shoot me a message... I'm overloaded with design work for two aftermarket manufacturers but if it's a part I might use, I will certainly consider adding something to the list

Update on this saga from Glen Coleman, a KH rep (not sure what his exact job is w KH), over on their FB page.   Glen has moved on to another, unnamed, company.   Said most folks will like their upcoming products.  48th scale for now, starting with jets, then helos, then prop subjects.  Said some of them would look good w a shark’s mouth.   

Said all the KH molds have been sold to another company so hopefully we’ll see some of their kits available down the road.  

That’s it, feel free to discuss!  

Edited by John1

27 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

I've heard 2 different stories:

--He was 1/2 owner with Song

--He was the North American head guy for KH

Tim

I've heard both those things, too. In my direct conversations with Glen, I always got the impression that he was a partner in the business with Song. Perhaps things changed, or perhaps I got the wrong impression.

Kev