P-47D Razorback "Vulneratus non victus"

I applied a coat of white and then yellow to the cowling , this is the moment that I will use the magic help of my friend Mathieu "MDuv" who has design a custom mask for me  for the checkers job, can't thank him enough, this guy deserves a monument :)

Whats-App-Image-2021-05-24-at-21-21-54.j

Whats-App-Image-2021-05-24-at-21-24-19.j

Hi Antonio I love planes with chess, as soon as I can I make one. This seems like a challenge to me, given the size even in 1/32. If I can give you some advice (which is the method I use), divide the pattern into several parts, use a transparent tape to transfer all the squares and then remove the ones that need to be painted, but before passing the Red, pass a clear coat that you will need as a sealant. Touching up the small squares would be a delirium.

in the meantime ........ :popcorn:

Here my last onemain.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

Edited by spartacus2000

I wish you good luck for the whole process Antonio. I am sure everything will lay fine and you’ll get the awesome result you always achieve. 

Thank you for your kind words. It was a time well worth spending for my part. 

Now i am looking at 78th FG Tbolts because of you! Not healthy distraction !!

Cheers buddy.

Mathieu

5 hours ago, spartacus2000 said:

Hi Antonio I love planes with chess, as soon as I can I make one. This seems like a challenge to me, given the size even in 1/32. If I can give you some advice (which is the method I use), divide the pattern into several parts, use a transparent tape to transfer all the squares and then remove the ones that need to be painted, but before passing the Red, pass a clear coat that you will need as a sealant. Touching up the small squares would be a delirium.

in the meantime ........ :popcorn:

Thanks for the tip mate, very nice result on your  fw190!!! 

2 hours ago, MDuv said:

I wish you good luck for the whole process Antonio. I am sure everything will lay fine and you’ll get the awesome result you always achieve. 

Thank you for your kind words. It was a time well worth spending for my part. 

Now i am looking at 78th FG Tbolts because of you! Not healthy distraction !!

Cheers buddy.

Mathieu

Thank you bro, it has been easy thanks to your skills and mastering of the mask design ;), I own you so much in this build!!! get those T-bolts checkers coming!

cheers

So, here is the process,  first the  checkers and matrix added in position:

190902914_487951069081868_34774335805315

second, lifting of the matrix and each red square

WhatsApp_Image_2021-05-24_at_22.50.01.jp

WhatsApp_Image_2021-05-24_at_23.51.41.jp

WhatsApp_Image_2021-05-25_at_00.46.48.jp

Third, mask the front yellow and give a coat of red,

WhatsApp_Image_2021-05-25_at_13.02.09.jp

fourth, lifting the rest square masks

WhatsApp_Image_2021-05-25_at_13.02.45.jp

and 45 minutes later...

WhatsApp_Image_2021-05-25_at_13.39.01.jp

and this is how it is right now, some small touch up will be need but overall it came out wonderful, cheers

Whats-App-Image-2021-05-25-at-13-40-39.j

Now it is time for some OD and neutral grey  color session :punk:

cheers

Edited by Antonio Argudo

Hot diggity dang, another epic project y vaya resultados, Antonio! Very impressive office and you nailed that masking job, big ups to MDuv with the assist, keep up the good work.:punk:

I know you're a stickler for accuracy, so I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the interior of -47 cowlings was left in NMF, not YZC.

tJe4QaR.jpg

hlPE4BS.jpg

That being said, accuracy be damned, I wouldn't risk messing up that amazing result for something that will be nigh on impossible to see. Just sayin'.

Saludos,

Thomaz

20 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

WOW.   That is incredible.  What a result.

selfishly, i just bought a silhouette machine and am hoping i can do things like this with it.  

again, stunning result in paint. 

thank you  mate, hope someday I get one also, sure you will do great mask, keep the good!

cheers

19 hours ago, Jeff T said:

That is superb masking!.....the result is brilliant.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff! but without Mathieu's help it would not have been  possible, cheers

16 hours ago, TAG said:

I know you're a stickler for accuracy, so I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the interior of -47 cowlings was left in NMF, not YZC.

Many Thanks Thomaz, I'm glad you bring that info, I corrected the cowling interior,  muchas gracias amigo!!! 

Whats-App-Image-2021-05-26-at-20-37-16.j

WhatsApp_Image_2021-05-27_at_00.36.05.jp

8 hours ago, dennismcc said:

Great result on the cowling, even with the masks it would still be a tricky job, looks great.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you Dennis, happy it went ok for my first try on this mask technique, they are a great help! cheers

2 hours ago, TAG said:

Eres el amo, you da man, Tony! Can't wait to see this bird come together, such an awesome livery.

Thanks Thomaz for the info and kind words, maybe you can help me with this question I have now, cheers!

I notice this detail on the wing root, can't find any reference or picture showing this, is it a Trumpeter  mistake? thinking about deleting it, opinions are welcome, cheers

WhatsApp_Image_2021-05-27_at_19.26.18.jp

media-17768.jpg

Hi Antonio I checked the catalog part and original drawings and I did not find evidence of that piece, it could be a field modification.

Without a photo showing it to me, I would take it off, the filet wing was made up of 3 pieces of shaped sheet metal. now I'm answering you with the tablet, tomorrow as soon as I have time I'll post the drawing from the catalog part of the P-47

6 hours ago, Antonio Argudo said:

Thank you Dennis, happy it went ok for my first try on this mask technique, they are a great help! cheers

Thanks Thomaz for the info and kind words, maybe you can help me with this question I have now, cheers!

I notice this detail on the wing root, can't find any reference or picture showing this, is it a Trumpeter  mistake? thinking about deleting it, opinions are welcome, cheers

WhatsApp_Image_2021-05-27_at_19.26.18.jp

media-17768.jpg

That's a great photo.  Although they are pretty beat up, those invasion stripes look very straight, neat, and someone certainly masked them off before application.