P-47D Razorback "Vulneratus non victus"

11 hours ago, John1 said:

Looking good, very nice work on the weathering.    On a side note, always wondered why so many early D's had the canopy unpainted?  

thanks John,  yes interesting fact but no idea why, maybe stock new parts came unpainted :) cheers

some progress, props blades and exhausts stains on the underside, getting in last phase of the build if something catastrophic happens, cheers

IMG-0276.jpg

IMG-0280.jpg

IMG-0291.jpg

Ok, Antonio, I have to say, I absolutely love the weathering you have achieved. The paint chipping at the wing roots is incredible! How did you do it?

Secondly, I love the invasion stripe effect you achieved with the faded/ oversprayed look. Again, how did you achieve it?

You, sir, are killing it!

Thor     :ph34r:

2 hours ago, bdthoresen said:

Ok, Antonio, I have to say, I absolutely love the weathering you have achieved. The paint chipping at the wing roots is incredible! How did you do it?

Secondly, I love the invasion stripe effect you achieved with the faded/ oversprayed look. Again, how did you achieve it?

You, sir, are killing it!

Thor     :ph34r:

thank you so much for your words Thor :)

for the chipping  I  mainly  apply metal color with a fine sponge  and  also with a prisma silver pencil, nothing more fancy ;)

for the invasion stripes I only applied some black to the base color make it darker, then the weathering and washes will unify the effect, hope it helps, glad you like it!

cheers