Good movie

europapete

11 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Next time I see a control stick oscillate back and forth when the guns are fired (out on the wing, electrically, connected only by wires to the trigger on the stick...) I’m going to scream :)

Its recoil! Lol

11 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Next time I see a control stick oscillate back and forth when the guns are fired

Unfortunately, this is one of the top-ten, Hollywood cliches. As soon as one movie does it, all the others have to follow suit. I guess they would use the excuse of "meeting audience expectations". 

It's like many other Hollyweird "conventions". Examples: When you phone someone on a land-line (remember those?), they are always at home and pick up within one ring, no-one ever locks their front door OR car, all explosions have to be massive, petrol-fueled orange fire-balls, if you hit someone over the head hard, then they are instantly unconscious, all detectives find any important witness INSTANTLY and that person is always willing to impart some vital information, people fail to spot villains standing in the open very nearby, only noticing them when they walk straight into them, etc, etc. There's about a million other, silly Hollywood conventions out there....

Chris.  

Two of my all time favorites are from the 1950s westerns where the "posse" passes the same rock, tree, etc...over and over again, as well as during gunfights when apparently one must "throw" the rounds from the barrel at each other :lol:

People generally don't fall down when you shoot them........... typically..... if hit by a 5.56 or pistol round ........adrenaline will keep them going  , they will probably not even notice for a while unless hit somewhere vital . Falling over when hit from low calibre munitions ............ it is mainly a learned response from movies. 

20 hours ago, europapete said:

It's late Thursday night and am watching " Mission of Honour" on Netflix. BoB movie about the Polish pilots who escaped and fought with the RAF. Good, worth watching.  The CGI is a bit iffy at times, but overlook that and enjoy it. Regards, Pete in RI

Here's another film on the same topic released at almost the same time. If nothing else, the cgi is clearly superior to that of Mission of Honour