Kittyhawk OS2U Kingfisher British FAA

gregh

Good Morning all. I would like to introduce myself. I tried once before on these forms, but the project stalled indefinitely, and I'm not much for posting WIP threads. I have been following along builds here for many years, and I think LSP is my favorite modeling forum by far. You folks are some of the kindest and most talented modelers out there.

A little about me, I grew up in my dads local hobby store and have been building for most of my life. I have always done 1/48 scale models, and felt it was time to jump into something a little bigger. I bought this kit when it fist came out and started assy, but frankly I got intimidated by it and it sat on the SOD for years. I decided this year to finish up any SOD kits and this was the last one. So here it is. 

Now that summer is coming quickly my building will slow considerably, but I'm thinking for the fall/winter season a trumpeter avenger in the FAA livery would be a very nice compliment to this kit. 

All in all, I found it to be a bit of a difficult build. However, it put me out of my comfort level in a wonderful way and am quite pleased with the result. I chose the FAA scheme simply because I haven't seen it done anywhere on this kit before. I used mostly vallejo air and tamiya colors. The build is strictly out of the box. Hope you all enjoy it. Thanks for looking. 

PS, please excuse my photos. I'm far from a pro photographer. 

BAfeMqQ.jpg

ev5ccFW.jpg

rOCk8c4.jpg

I14kAwF.jpg

aiKC039.jpg

2 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great entrance Greg!

That really is a splendid looking model. Having built a couple of the KHM OS2Us, I can say this is a job well done!  Looking forward to the Avenger.

Thank you for the kind words! I used your build as an inspiration and guide.