Italeri Model Kit Preview 2021

Trak-Tor

I'm just happy the McLaren MP4/2C kit is back on the market.  The Protar kit is hard to find, and the decals were abysmal.  Getting Cartograf ones will be way better, just have to hope they include the Yellow Rosberg option and the tobacco logos.

Matt 

6 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

A year or two from now, these kits will available at significantly reduced prices in the right places (eg: under tables at model-shows).

Chris.    

Not so obvious as the number of produced kits is not that high and the references are now leaving the catalogue quickly. I have yet to see one of the 1/32 Italeri kits under a table... Italeri is not anymore releasing kits as they did like Revell. The price of the Starfighter or F-35 never went down very much. Your best hope is a Revell temporary and cheaper re-release like they did for the Mirage.

There's been 2 maybe 3 F3 conversions released in the past and that never enticed Revell to release one but you never know. If they do i want a 43 Sqad with the checks on the fin and under the cockpit

Nah 111 Sq Black fin and spine

20 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

A year or two from now, these kits will available at significantly reduced prices in the right places (eg: under tables at model-shows).

Chris.    

I have to say that I haven't seen any cheap Starfighters out there.  It's really the only other Italeri kit I've found interesting.

20 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Chris.    

I suspect it will be quite a bit longer than one or two years before you see an Italeri Tornado at the prices you are thinking of.

On 1/26/2021 at 9:17 AM, MikeC said:

I predict an F3 announcement about two days before you and Iain finish the model.  :lol:

I'd be pretty confident of an F3 version coming in the not too distant future!

However, a nice conversion set to whet the appetite in the meantime would be VERY welcome!  :thumbsup::rolleyes::thumbsup: