MOST WANTED RUSSIAN AIRCRAFT POLL

DugyB

20 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Caligulator and Mi-28 from Takom would be nice, also Po-2 from ICM sounds relatively doable. Although a decent MiG-21 would be so very welcomed .

16298936_1312004878920219_50193063106851

I've been suggesting a 1/32 Po-2 to ICM on social media every chance I get.  It seems that would be right up their alley considering their recent releases.

Thinking Night Witches here.....

10 hours ago, blackbetty said:

i talked to LEM about a Su 24, he said he would sell less than ten....

Unfortunate.  I suppose one problem is Russian stuff doesn't sell well to start with.  Then add being resin kits by a little known firm.

I have built his MiG-9 and have an Su-7 in progress.  The fit is incredibly good.

29 minutes ago, kalashnikov-47 said:

Unfortunate.  I suppose one problem is Russian stuff doesn't sell well to start with.  Then add being resin kits by a little known firm.

I have built his MiG-9 and have an Su-7 in progress.  The fit is incredibly good.

It's Soviet,Ukrainians use or used most of them at one time or another

as well as former Warsaw block+Arab countries

I am wishing to have in my collection in 1:32 this one: Истребитель МиГ-15УТИ № 612739, на котором (по дневнику Каманина) разбились Гагарин и Серёгин

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Yuri_Gagarin

1-10.jpg

Edited by Dany Boy

3 minutes ago, Dany Boy said:

I am wishing to have in my collection in 1:32 this one: Истребитель МиГ-15УТИ № 612739, на котором (по дневнику Каманина) разбились Гагарин и Серёгин

1-10.jpg

10 hours ago, kalashnikov-47 said:

i bult the mig 9 and the Su-22 and loved it (threads on here)

I'd want a MiG-25 and MiG-31 in 32nd scale, had it been like 15 years ago when Trumpeter released a new kit almost every month. So much is gone under the bridge during the past years and I can hardly see any manufacturer getting into such adventure now, with all those incredible prices and cost of everything around. Still, I am inclinded to believe that a MiG-25 should not be a lesser seller than a Lancaster in 1/32, so who knows...

On 9/4/2023 at 3:31 PM, Gary Needham said:

even ICM as a B+

Perhaps a bit harsh? Their series of Huey Cobras are some of the best kits I've ever seen (not actually built one myself, admittedly, but two builders have told me they hardly require glue to put together). The Special Hobby re-boxings are SUPERB value for money, with lots of additional 3D-printed parts at minimal extra cost. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Typo correction

6 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Perhaps a bit harsh? Their series of Huey Cobras are some of the best kits I've ever seen (not actually built one myself, admittedly, but two builders have told me they hardly require glue to put together). The Special Hobby re-boxings are SUPERB value for money, with lots of additional 3D-printed parts at minimal extra cost. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

I agree ,ICM has really stepped it up in the last 5-6 years . I built their YAK-9 and it's every bit a top shelf kit ,personally think it's better than Special Hobby's YAK-3 [which is pretty damn good too].

6 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

I'd want a MiG-25 and MiG-31 in 32nd scale, had it been like 15 years ago when Trumpeter released a new kit almost every month. So much is gone under the bridge during the past years and I can hardly see any manufacturer getting into such adventure now, with all those incredible prices and cost of everything around. Still, I am inclinded to believe that a MiG-25 should not be a lesser seller than a Lancaster in 1/32, so who knows...

Agreed. I think they would out sell the Lancasters, most probably be cheaper and they'd take up less shelf space. I got to do a walk around on a MiG -31 , a rather impressive aircraft[ I was impressed at least]

On 9/6/2023 at 7:20 AM, Dany Boy said:

1-10.jpg

I'm currently kit-bashing a Trumpeter MiG-15 and FT-5/JJ-5 to get a MiG-15UTI (and MiG-17). It's hard work but the effort is paying off. Meindert deVreeze did one and that got me started...

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/mig17-32/mig17-2.htm

I promise to send in some shots of mine when it's finished (as silver Midget Bort №4 from Finland). 

For our hobby and preferred scale it's a pity the world economy dipped and has now thrust China into some trouble. I do wonder about the would-be pages of modelling fixes for the Trumpeter 1/32 F-106A, Su-15, MiG-25 and Hobby Boss F-84F and Pe-2 that never happened. 

Tony

Edited by Tony T
typo