Your modelling plans for today

mpk

I have just finished modelling. It's 10:26 pm. I began around 11:00.

I worked on my Merkava tank. Its resting while the glues set.

When all that was done I decided to work on the King Tiger because I crushed it's box. The fit is amazing. Tamiya of course.

My alarm is set for 5. I'll get in early work before going out. Fun day.

Well it's just after midnight here and I've just finished the first camo colour on my P-40B.  It looks awful, which is normal for me, but I'm hoping after I've cut the masks and applied the second colour, it will look OK.  Earlier, I got the prop painted, as well as the spinner, the undercarriage and that aluminium base coat.  I also tried liquid mask painted on for a bit of weathering, which is the first time I've tried that technique.  Digit's crossed.  :D

Cheers,

Michael

I’ll be working on the 1/16 Trumpeter Panther at some point today.  Not exactly sure when or how much time I’ll be able to devote to it.  I just finished texturing the lower hull armor plates and am in the process of adding weld beads everywhere.

Started the day with working on the KFIR 1/32 model converting the cockpit. Had a quick lunch  and spent the sunny and surprising warm afternoon at my local FBO painting half of our aeroclub logo on a freshly replaced rudder on one of our PA-28. not modelling but quite closely related. Masks were done with the cameo 4 :)

OO_SAG_rudder.png

All in all a well spent day in solo

Edited by red Dog

Well, I had foreseen one week of holidays with at least three days to paint my Spitfire :thumbsup:. Finally, I did not have two hours to model as this has been one of the worst weeks of my life :crying:. Two family relatives suddenly died from Covid, my sister in law house was robbed, my mother in law health suddenly became very bad (she cannot leave bed anymore or stay alone) and my mother luckily avoided a car accident but consequently decided to stop driving and my house heating stopped working while it is freezing at night and because of all that mess my wife had to stop temporarily her job! Jeez, what a rotten week! :BANGHEAD2: Useless to say I will be very happy to see 2020 fading away... :unsure:

Sorry to hear that Thierry!  Never easy things to go through. We too have had two people in our lives die of Covid related circumstances lately. A robbery is also a very difficult thing to live through as all your security and peace of mind goes out the window for months afterword. 

Oh no! Thierry I am so sorry to learn this. Terrible news. Please accept my best wishes and hopes that you can sort everything out.

What a world. :wacko:

As for yours truly: It's now 5.54 am. Just showered and checked over the Merkava. 

I'm a little unsure of myself. I have been copying a photo of a Merkava covered in mud and sand. My models resembles it but the detail of the tank is now hidden by the sand. 

Is this really how I should do this?  I don't know. Earlier I had commited myself to heavy weathering. Would I be able, somewhat against my own desires, to press on?

Well screw it. In for a penny in for a pound. Very soon I will be in hospital again having an operation performed on my right foot. Without anaesthetic. It's numb. While cutting the Dr will keep asking "Can you feel this???"

For 12 months this has gone on. For a while it looked like I'd lose my leg from the knee.

Hopefully I will be okay and will complete my tank.

3 hours ago, red Dog said:

Started the day with working on the KFIR 1/32 model converting the cockpit. Had a quick lunch  and spent the sunny and surprising warm afternoon at my local FBO painting half of our aeroclub logo on a freshly replaced rudder on one of our PA-28. not modelling but quite closely related. Masks were done with the cameo 4 :)

OO_SAG_rudder.png

All in all a well spent day in solo

Will that paint affect the static balance of the rudder?  Every time we had to paint any primary flight control surface, we had to, at the very least, check the static balance and adjust if required (which required removal of said control surface and reinstallation afterward).  Our aircraft were higher performance than a PA-28 mind you which is why I ask... I've never worked on such small aircraft.