Your modelling plans for today

mpk

My modelling plans for today. 

First I must clean 2 of my Iwata airbrushes. Certain paints perform poorly in my home depending upon weather. Yesterday Mig paints turned into a sort of gel. I think it was humidity.

Yesterday I had a very stressful phone call from a young woman whose father is dying. He has my version of cancer/leukaemia.  This woman was looking to me for help. It seems my case is well known. My cancer was terminal and somehow I survived.

I am not a doctor. I have no answers. The guy was diagnosed 2 years before me. He had different treatments. His metabolism differs from mine. My body could take lots of chemo. I had 389 treatments. I used to think it was only 290 + 34 lumber puncture doses. But I had forgotten to include the doses from my second hospital. 42 is the correct number of lumber punctures.

This fact doesn't mean I can help.

I was shaking after that long call. It freaked me out. The poor guy isn't going to make it. And my case being extreme, I expect my cancer to return any day. Covid has added to my concerns due to my immune system being virtually non existent. 

Covid has now put the human condition on many minds. Personally I have expected death everyday since September 2014. I was on the very edge for 31 long months. 

I look around my little flat across the road from my hospital and I see lots of modelling, with very few completed builds. It's madness. I don't understand my actions. Why, for example did I choose to begin the Revell Spitfire IX, when I have the Tamiya??? Am I waiting until I am a better modeller???

I've been wasting my precious time.

Today I am going to clean those airbrushes and have a serious think about my objectives. About my future. About my health. And about my modelling.