JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

Mine, rather unexpectedly, turned up today as well.

There does seem to be a bit of an issue where the front fuselage half is wider than the rear by a couple of mills. Anyone else seen this in their kit? I'm no stranger to working with resin kits but it looks like quite a lot of work to fix.

damn you Vince, i've just packed mine back away, you forced me to take it out for another look.... Offering the relevant parts up to each other, it doesn't look like I have any issues other than a small amount of cleanup from the casting process. It looks like it should pop together without too much faff.

On another note, despite a puncture hole in the bottom and side of the box, im glad to say, its all arrived safely, wingtips, ladder and towbar.

Edited by Phartycr0c

1 hour ago, vince14 said:

Mine, rather unexpectedly, turned up today as well.

There does seem to be a bit of an issue where the front fuselage half is wider than the rear by a couple of mills. Anyone else seen this in their kit? I'm no stranger to working with resin kits but it looks like quite a lot of work to fix.

My fuselage joints are quite different in size too. To the point that it’s making me debate whether I want to attempt it or not. I don’t fancy the idea of fudging up a very expensive kit. 

the different sizes in fuselage joints, could that be signs that the molds are starting to wear out, hope not as mine is No 10738 near the end of the first batch

and have been told will be ready for dispatch about the 10 Dec.

21 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

My fuselage joints are quite different in size too. To the point that it’s making me debate whether I want to attempt it or not. I don’t fancy the idea of fudging up a very expensive kit. 

can you pop a photo up to show the problem? 

3 hours ago, elric said:

the different sizes in fuselage joints, could that be signs that the molds are starting to wear out, hope not as mine is No 10738 near the end of the first batch

and have been told will be ready for dispatch about the 10 Dec.

I do not think any silicon mould would ever last to produce a part 500 times, so I guess they must have produced several moulds for any certain part. They refer to this in the instructions booklet, saying that parts from moulds of different wear are likely to be blended in a box. 

Just now, Stokey Pete said:

Which aren’t in my box.

...which you should ask them to send then. But they are standalone pieces so they may have moved somewhere else in the box. If not make sure to get them because they are really useful both for aligning the two fuselage halves and giving extra surface for glue.