1/32 Bf 109E Adolf Galland

Antonio Argudo

17 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Beautiful work! I’m glad to see your riveting work is still visible and looking authentic.

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom, next time I will make them even bigger, these riveters make too tiny rivets, have to go again in some areas..

cheers

3 hours ago, reserve_22 said:

Superb:clap2:

thanks Reserve-22, glad you contributed with great information my friend, cheers

1 hour ago, chrish said:

Looking great!

thanks  Chrish, glad you are liking it ;)

16 hours ago, turbo said:

Very nice Antonio! I also noticed some staining coming from the supercharger intake on reference photos of an Emil I built recently. Do you know what this is due to?

thanks Turbo! 

my first thought was that it is over sprayed camo  paint, also it can be oil vapor stain, Remember there is the opening for the cowling there. The supercharger sucks alot of air. Some comes from inside this cowling edge opening. The engine was leaking oil. So the supercharger was trying to suck it out of the cowling. You won't find this staining on the Me109F or G model because the cowling was changed to prevent this from occurring. You see here where the cowling will allow air to be drawn by the supercharger, from inside of the cowling

cheers

69696774-664863240687731-241190982504362

today I worked on the landing struts,  after some observation they looked a bit taller and made the belly too separate from the ground giving a light feeling  to the aircraft, so  i decided the critical decision to do some cirugy  and shorten and inserting a steel rod into the struts,  gladly  in the  cut area there is a protector canvas which can be easily sanded and smoot,  at the end it worked out and now has that weight feeling it was missing previously, also flaps and ailerons are glued now.

cheers

Screenshot-79.png

comparison between the original length and the trimmed one

Whats-App-Image-2020-08-23-at-17-29-31.j

dig.jpg

dig.jpg

dig.jpg

dig.jpg

dig.jpg

Edited by Antonio Argudo

Thanks Mark, Reserve22 and Pup7309 for your words, very appreciated! 

been working lately on the  landing gears,  some stencil work on the flaps, and cowling glued,

thanks for watching cheers ;)

dig.jpg

dav.jpg

dig.jpg

dig.jpg

Edited by Antonio Argudo

2 hours ago, Antonio Argudo said:

Thanks Mark, Reserve22 and Pup7309 for your words, very appreciated! 

been working lately on the  landing gears,  some stencil work on the flaps, and cowling glued,

thanks for watching cheers ;)

dig.jpg

dav.jpg

dig.jpg

dig.jpg

Wow I’m blown away. I want to do an e7 tropical version- this has inspired me again!