Italeri Tornado GR.4 sprue pics

Dave Williams

19 minutes ago, viper said:

If you actually look at a gr4 rear pit it doesn’t look that bad 

GR4 rear cockpit has a very large, rectangular MFD display in the centre position. The kit has a circular display, which is GR1.....

From what I can see , the original GR4 upgrade process left the rear IP looking much like it does in the kit , however around 2004/5 came the TARDIS , (Tornado advanced radar display and information system).upgrade which replaces the original IP

2a398fcdf4166242aa7513233f7570d9.jpg

with this..

9s8q6u2.jpg

So it looks that anyone doing a Op Telic aircraft , the kit IP is probably ok, however anything later you'll be looking at some scratch building 

Tornado reading

That drops the price down to $99, but air shipping is still almost $60.  They had $10 surface shipping, but that offer expired 9/30 (although it usually pops up again every few months), and the order needs to be over $120 to get the surface shipping.  

On 6/13/2020 at 7:22 PM, jenshb said:

Unless I missed something, I don't see any air intake trunking or compressors.  In this day and age and considering the scale, open cavities into the fuselage  is a bit lacking IMO...  Granted the KH Mirage 2000 doesn't have it either, but at least the shock cones hide  a lot.  The ramp inlet doesn't.

It's there, there's probably photos or a link to such in this thread.

Decided to pull the trigger on one from Lucky Model.  Threw in the new Zvezda 1/72 Herc to get above the $120 minimum for the $10 surface shipping, which appears to still be in effect, although the offer says it ended Sept. 30.  Only $100 for the Tornado and $35 for the Herc, after the 10% off coupon, so I can live with the slow boat from HK.