Italeri Tornado GR.4 sprue pics

Dave Williams

Looks quite tasty so far. 

Let's hope the intake trunks are on the engine sprue. 

I can also see slots on the fin in which to glue teeny pieces of etched vortex generator type tabs. 

Another vote for an F.3 to follow,

Tony 

Well it depends...

Rear fuselage plug

Forward fuselage plug

New lower fuselage-

Revised wing veins

Revised rear cockpit , 

And a load of other detail changes 

Your choice!

as me how I know.. go on I dare you!!!

• 2 months later...

Not going to lie , that price is a bit of a big pill to swallow,  but considering the RRP of the Mirage /104 family it really shouldn't have come as much of a surprise I guess

However considering the costs of the aftermarket I have for the Revell Tornado, and the fact that the new kit comes with elements that the Revell kit never had, Intakes, Aux Intake doors , extended flaps etc , it may be a worthwhile if and only if no aftermarket needs to be used, and of course its a GR4 out of the box , something that's difficult to do out of the box with Revell.. 

Bring it on

3 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

According to a geezer on Britmodeller its retail price is going to be £140, would you Adam and Eve it my lovelies? 

Yikes! I'd very much like a Tornado, but it's going to have to get stellar reviews for me to spend even more money I don't have. I'm figuring £125 for the Trumpeter F-100F, which is my normal "ceiling", but that may be being optimistic and £140 for a quality 1/32 jet model may be the new norm — which means one kit a year, allowing for the inevitable AM bundle. 

Tony 

15 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Yikes! I'd very much like a Tornado, but it's going to have to get stellar reviews for me to spend even more money I don't have. I'm figuring £125 for the Trumpeter F-100F, which is my normal "ceiling", but that may be being optimistic and £140 for a quality 1/32 jet model may be the new norm — which means one kit a year, allowing for the inevitable AM bundle. 

Tony 

and to get stellar (or otherwise) reviews it needs to have some people properly review it

don't seem to be too many of those these days

3 hours ago, nmayhew said:

and to get stellar (or otherwise) reviews it needs to have some people properly review it

Yes, I was assuming someone on LSP who was intending to buy one regardless could provide us with a warts and all perspective.

The other sites' "reviews" merely serve to show us the box contents.

Am a little concerned that the vortex generators (thrust reverser deflectors?) on the fin are made up from fiddly bits of etch, but if the slots are fine and deep it is an elegant solution (and much preferable to nondescript lumps of plastic à la Revell).

Hoping there's inlet trunking on the yet-to-be-seen engine sprue, but this kit is looking to be a nice model, even if its purported £140 price is a little bit 'ouch'. Let's hope it's an OOB experience — that's a major point to address in any review.

Tony 

9 hours ago, nmayhew said:

It seems that I may have asked this before, but how would you describe a "proper" review?

Perhaps we should all wait for the Revell repop at half the price?  :whistle:

I also hope we get the right ordnance for it too!

So far the detail looks interesting enough but I do agree that the price tag brings a big gulp!.

I'll go to that price for a Viggen or two as it'll be a bespoke piece of custom casting, printing and etch extras if the similarly produced Lukegraph Rapide is any indicator.

Otherwise, like the Mirage IIIE I'll wait and see if Revell re-pop it at a more realistic price.

Although what a realistic price will be in impoverished brexit Britain is still anybody's guess.

3 minutes ago, Royboy said:

Perhaps we should all wait for the Revell repop at half the price?  :whistle:

I have to agree. Not that I'm that much of a fan to begin with (though I do have the Revell ECR kit sitting here), but there's just no way I'd spend that sort of amount on an airplane model right now. I'd much rather use those funds toward some more 1:16 armor purchases.