F-100C & F box art at Nuremburg

Kagemusha

11 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Meh.  If they're simply rehashes of their hash job 1/48 kits of the same subject, with all the warts those contain, you'll need more resin than I could possibly afford to fix them.  Their F-100C is a joke.

Well, I would not hold my breath considering the number of problems of the 1/32 F-100D... But wait and see! 

14 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Meh.  If they're simply rehashes of their hash job 1/48 kits of the same subject, with all the warts those contain, you'll need more resin than I could possibly afford to fix them.  Their F-100C is a joke.

Exactly. Trying to correct the 1/32 D put me off of F-100s for years. I'm still concerned the landing gear on mine might collapse under the weight of all of the resin I threw at it. Their 1/48 and 1/72 Cs were much worse. I'll stick with the 1/48 Monogram kit or the 1/72 ESCI & Italeri kits until somebody not Trumpeter releases a new Hun.

I'm sure Harold will make a killing if he sells a correct 1/32 F-100C cockpit, tail, wheels, intake, etc. :D

Ben

From the above linked review:

"Even though the length of this list below would make it appear otherwise, the general shapes are good enough and most of the details are accurate enough that a good-looking facsimile of an F-100D can be built straight from the box."

The intake is off, and the leading edge of the vertical stabiliser needs sanding back to reduce chord.  Other wise its panel line and specific airframe detail issues. 

Am I missing the major gripe that makes it an unbuildable? 

Great to see that at least THEY ARE catching up on those models promised so long ago and some!

The Douglas Devastator is still on the list so maybe that might not be that far way now?

Regarding the accuracy issues, IMHO....they will sell regardless!

We sometimes forget that these things aren't so important to the majority of kit builders out there worldwide.

If it is important to you then of course you won't buy it.

Trumpeter have invested time and money on the kits because the F-100D must have sold well enough to warrant their production?

I don't think they're finished yet either, between Hobby Boss and themselves they are delivering some interesting subjects.

I hope it continues well into the future.  

Let's stay positive for the hobby, and let's have some more upbeat remarks for a change please!