We have 32nd B-17, B-24 and Lancasters (plural!). What's next? B-29?

Brent

10 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Convair TB/B-58A Hustler - c'mon, Monogram did it in 1/48, it had four engines and was a bomber, so it has to qualify

I would accept a 1/32 B-58. That would be AWESOME!

The SR-71 in 1/32 would be quite impressive as well. :-)

I wish I had time for all these cool ideas...

Brent

Dornier 217 E maybe, now that would be cool and think of the conversion possibilities ( AIMS I'm thinking Haha getting in front of myself a bit ) but maybe a 217N and then my holly grail of german twins which would be a 217K , now that would be amazing!!

Regards. Andy 

18 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

The OP himself originally mentioned 1: 200 Battleships and Carriers in his first post.

Well, it's all big plastic. 

Frankly, I wish Monogram had kept doing big 1/48 and did a KC-135, Vulcan etc. Would have been great.

Tony 

A 1/32 B-29 would be huge!  53" wingspan!  

I agree with others that a Stirling would be great; that is my favorite British bomber of WWII.  

The bombers I personally would want to see most in 1/32 scale are all 3 of the German schnell Bombers.

He-111, Ju-88, and Do-17.  I know Revell did the HE-111 and the Ju-88, but I'd like to see better, modern offerings.

I would also kill for a new tool, modern, well engineered, 1/32 Ju-52 as long as we are discussing big multi-engined planes from WWII.

I think it's truly amazing how many 'popular' subjects haven't been done in IM 1/48 yet let alone 1/32 after all these years!

U.K - Short Sunderland,  HP Halifax, Short Stirling, Avro Lincoln, Avro Shackleton, Avro Vulcan, etc. etc.

A P-3 A/B/C/E Orion series I think might also sell well, the list goes on!

We're still lucky to live thru this current modelling golden era, happy days indeed!! 

I’ve built a 1/32 B-29 and although many claim they want one, the reality is it’s just too big. I’ve only ever taken it to one show and it look up over half of our club’s display space, and getting it there was a nightmare. I have a large estate car and it only just fitted in on the diagonal with the seats down. It’s just impractical to be honest. 

It is now stored at the back of my attic and never sees the light of say as getting it in and out the loft is very tricky. 

I’ve also made tentative starts on a 1/32 Sunderland and Stirling - they too are huge. 

It’s all well and good having these dream kits, but the reality of living with them is quite different...

Tom

There's a beautiful scrathbuilt 1/24 B-29 on show at the New England Air Museum at Windsor Locks. Next to a real one. 

Something to be said for 1/32 chunks of fuselage with crew for nose art and to show off the interior, to be displayed alongside a line-up of 1/144 models showing aircraft in entirety, including the sticky-out wings bits.

That's the beauty of jets: the sticking-out-sideways bits, to use a technical term, are shorter in span.

Having said, the swept sticking-out bits on the 1/32 B-52D at the SAC Museum at Ashland nr Offutt, Nebraska, are anything but petite.

But still sold on a 1/32 Hustler — it just has to happen, one day.

Tony 

20 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Can confirm my 1/250 Otaki Musashi has a lot of plastic. Would like to see a PBY, but it does have quite a wingspan. An Emily would be cool, as would a Sunderland. Those would be massive models.

I had an opportunity to grab the Doyusha 1:200 Yamato kit a few years ago, but didn't, so I'm now seriously considering getting one.

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

But still sold on a 1/32 Hustler — it just has to happen, one day.

Tony 

While the Monogram kit is fairly big, I think a 1:32 kit would be manageable, size-wise. At our show here in September, someone brought in the old Monogram Hustler, all done up in a SEA scheme, and it looked pretty cool.

5 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

While the Monogram kit is fairly big, I think a 1:32 kit would be manageable, size-wise. At our show here in September, someone brought in the old Monogram Hustler, all done up in a SEA scheme, and it looked pretty cool.

I think a 1/32nd B-58 would be manageable, compared to the B-29, with the much shorter wing-span.

17 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

I think a 1/32nd B-58 would be manageable, compared to the B-29, with the much shorter wing-span.

Most definitely. I previously calculated that a 1/32nd B-58 would be very near the same dimensions as a Felixtowe,  only with the fuselage/wingspan dimensions swapped.