Zoukei Mura Mustang IVA

pacificmustang

Well I finally worked out how to post from my Flickr account, so here are a few shots of my recently finished ZM Mustang IVA.  For such a complicated breakdown, I had no real problems assembling the kit, apart from a slight step on one side of the cowling and a bit of a gap when attaching the tail.  All of my own doing through not being careful with alignment.  This kit rewards the modellers who like the build aspect especially.  I would certainly do another, in fact I bought their other boxing to do as well.  Apart from some HGW seatbelts, its all OOB

paint is MRP, and decals are from the box

Thanks for looking

Bruce

48803334138_0e596bb4f8_h.jpg

camouflage on-6

camouflage on-15 camouflage on-12 camouflage on-14

An excellent build, superb weathering.

Absolutely right that this aircraft carried the firewall camo scheme, not the standard RAF pattern (as some depict it), one tip, aircraft with the firewall camo had a small crocodile motife on the fin, left side, above the flash.

You can scroll down to see this 112 squadron aircraft, only the starboard side is shown but the croc motife is clear on some of the other pics.

https://www.3squadron.org.au/subpages/Mustangs/3 Sqn P-51K P4.htm

Edited by BarryWilliams

59 minutes ago, curiouslysophie said:

Simply beautiful build! Something appealing about a Mustang in RAF colours. How does this one compare to the Tamiya kit? 

Thanks Sophie. I haven’t built the tamiya kit so can’t really comment on fit, however, looking in the box, the tamiya kit is far less complex in breakdown, and has rivet detail on the wings whereas the ZM kit only has panel lines, so a lot easier to putty, should you want to do that. As far as cockpit, engine, gunbays , landing gear and wheel well, I think it’s as good as the Tamiya kit. If you buy the IVA boxing, you get the choice of two types of propeller, three canopies, shrouded and unshrouded exhausts, and the three different filter panels, perforated, blank and louvred. Price wise, here in Australia, very similar 

Cheers

Bruce 

Edited by pacificmustang

wonderful rendition!

paint job looks very sweet indeed

i was never really enthused by RAF Mustangs (or P-47s for that matter), but looking at this bird my mind has been changed

my only critique is that when viewed from the side the panel lines look quite pronounced which, whilst not a bad in of itself, do show up by their absence in the letter codes in some palces, which I presume were decals?

compare the top of the A vs the bottom of the A

thanks for sharing

Nick