HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Hey all-

The new blades from Harold at AMS resin showed up today, and they are outstanding-

5mvq87N.jpg

Harold worked his magic and was able to cast all of the tiny bits from my master without losing any of the details-

amazing-

u6ERKbn.jpg

looking forward to getting these up!

cheers

Pete

4 hours ago, A-10LOADER said:

Pete, I know you've put a ton of work in the rotors but, did you ever consider doing something that would represent the rotors spinning ?

Steve

Thanks Steve-

not for this one, no- but getting a helicopter model with spinning rotor and tail rotor would be cool. The trick I think would to be able to gear down both so they don’t spin at ludicrous speed-

cheers

P

32 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thanks Steve-

not for this one, no- but getting a helicopter model with spinning rotor and tail rotor would be cool. The trick I think would to be able to gear down both so they don’t spin at ludicrous speed-

cheers

P

I have successfully done just that. You need to add some resistors to a 3v cell phone vibration motor. For the tail is pretty much where it’s needed most. The main hub is large enough it will take a decent amount of time and power to get them spinning at a reasonable rate. 

15 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thanks Steve-

cheers

P

I was thinking more towards something of simulating the rotors spinning, like a thin clear disk painted to give the illusion of rotating blades.

Steve

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!