Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

On 5/1/2019 at 8:18 AM, do335b6 said:

One of my friends said he found news on new aftermarket parts for a yet to be announced Ki 61 by Tamiya. Not having seen the source he was referring to I can't vouch for how accurate that is but I would love a Tamiya Ki 61 if the rumor is true. 

I read the same over at Britmodeler.

21 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

I think we should stop hoping for a major 1/32 release in 2019...

We will probably get the last news here:

https://www.tamiya.com/japan/newstopics/2019/0403hobbyshow/index.html

For as much as I am in the same boat as most (REALLY wanting a new tool Tamiya LSP) I think that is probably accurate. Most of the time, getting a new tool LSP from Tamiya is like looking for love.................it ONLY seems to happen when you are really not looking for it.  :lol:

Id say we might want to start the new-tool-Tamiya-LSP-wish-list talk up again in 2020, as I feel that may be the next time we see one. 

i see on HyperScale’s Brett Green has posted a video feature on the BF-109G-6 located in Australia.  He pointed out the photos were taken back around 2012.  So it is not really something new.  It gives me that feeling of maybe someone has an idea of something coming soon.  Probably bunk conspiracy theory on my part but thought I would post for fun.  

5 minutes ago, thunderbolt1988 said:

I don’t understand the economics of injected molded plastic. Why has Tamiya not already produced a 262 or P-47 in their fantastic quality?

I often wonder about this too.   Read somewhere that the average Tamiya customer is a 40-year old Japanese male.   Maybe just different interests or possibly due to much smaller living spaces, 32nd planes take up too much real estate in the home??    

Sad, no one does LSP’s better....

13 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I think we should stop hoping for a major 1/32 release in 2019...

Has all the past 1/32 stuff been announced at Shizuoka ?

Don't know, just wondering.  We could be shocked and surprised  ...

HF4wNgI.png?1