timvkampen

Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Or possibly Tamiya's OPSEC/COMSEC is getting better...

In this age of competitors announcing identical kits within days (hours?) of each other, I'd say those procedures are absolutely critical. 

2 hours ago, John1 said:

In this age of competitors announcing identical kits within days (hours?) of each other, I'd say those procedures are absolutely critical. 

Seriously, how often has this actually happened, and for those times when it did, how many times has it caused one of the companies to abandon their plans?  Plus, Tamiya is the big dog.  If they announce a kit, people will buy it just because it’s Tamiya, regardless of who else makes the same kit.  Also, these days kits have usually been in development for a quite a long time.  If a second company announces a kit, it’s much more likely that they’ve already been working on it for a while, not that they just started from scratch just to poach sales from another company.

Always very interesting topics about tamiya.

As their new models are always something very special for all kind of modelers.

I hope for 109 family. F6f

P38. P47

Who knows

Hobby Link Japan has their usual "Teaser" information up regarding the upcoming Shizuoka Hobby Show in May.

Several new Tamiya kits are known to debut, but no mention of any aircraft in any scale.

I'd be shocked if Tamiya doesn't surprise everyone with a new aircraft release.

The question is whether or not it will be 1/32 scale!

https://hlj.com/shizuoka-hobby-show-2019-sneak-peek

12 hours ago, ringleheim said:

Hobby Link Japan has their usual "Teaser" information up regarding the upcoming Shizuoka Hobby Show in May.

Several new Tamiya kits are known to debut, but no mention of any aircraft in any scale.

I'd be shocked if Tamiya doesn't surprise everyone with a new aircraft release.

The question is whether or not it will be 1/32 scale!

https://hlj.com/shizuoka-hobby-show-2019-sneak-peek

I think you are dead on.  Those kits on the teaser were all out at Nuremberg.  The real announcements are not out yet.  There should be something interesting coming as this is the big show for them.  

i don t understand why no one is planing or has done an Invader(A-26),one of the preatiest planes around,with very significant history,and very popular,now if it comes from the best it will be worth the wait,i would be very happy also with P-38,Corsair-5,or Tigercat

44 minutes ago, hayaman said:

i don t understand why no one is planing or has done an Invader(A-26),one of the preatiest planes around,with very significant history,and very popular,now if it comes from the best it will be worth the wait,i would be very happy also with P-38,Corsair-5,or Tigercat

I could understand if it was an airframe which no longer existed and the companies were in no mood to listen to griping about accuracy if they just released any old kit to shut people up, but there are still plenty of A-26's to crawl around in and measure.

10 hours ago, hayaman said:

If you mean in 1/32, I don’t know. I’ve done a TON of research on the aircraft, including almost 3000 photos of four existing Bs,Cs, and Ks if you know a company that is interested 

18 hours ago, hayaman said:

Too big for Tamiya. More of a HK Models type of project. The Americans really need to start a model company to make their favourite LSPs, or lobby the Chinese. 

I can say the same thing about the SAAB J.35 Draken series. It's about time a European company such as Revell did it in 1/32. Waaaay overdue. FLY, at least, are releasing the quite peculiar but welcomed Tunnan, and Italeri are apparently making a new tool PANAVIA Tornado. ICM are the heroes right now: Gloster Gladiator. 

Shizuoka is the big reveal, seeing if there'll be anything other than motorbikes and R/C stuff under the Tamiya mystery shroud. 

I'm also hoping Hasegawa might soon add another indigenous 1/32 prop to its range. 

Tony