Last night I thought I'd start with one of the engines to see how they go together and then decide if I wanted them visible afterwards.

IMG_20190303_205648-L.jpg

IMG_20190303_210814-L.jpg

IMG_20190303_230241-L.jpg

The fit is pretty good. There is a bit of clean up on the parts needed before you join them together. 

This is the same kit that I did the LSP review on a couple (maybe longer?) years ago. So I'm finally getting around to it. 

Carl

Today I had some time off and really got carried away a bit. I jumped to the rear fuselage assembly as I wasn't sure how much I wanted to leave open. 

IMG_20190304_124051-L.jpg

I also figured it would easier to paint everything silver in one go once together. That didn't quite happen as I just kept plugging away at the assembly. 

IMG_20190304_133921-L.jpg

While that dried, I figured I was into for good and started some work on the main wings. The upper nacelles and outer wing skins are on. 

IMG_20190304_141540-L.jpg

The fit so far has been really good. Now to step back a moment and start adding the visible details. 

Carl

On 3/5/2019 at 8:28 AM, Out2gtcha said:

And we have landed on the whole point!  :lol:       As long as you are accomplishing that, you are golden 

So very true. 

That being said, I ended up on one of the few things I don't like doing. Which is painting moulded on wire detail and plumbing lines. It took me a couple tries and a bunch of touch up but I'm happy with the results now. 

IMG_20190306_221705-L.jpg

I also painted the linkage and electronics that go in the rear of the fuselage. These are somewhat visible thru the window back there. 

IMG_20190306_224340-L.jpg

So that's all for tonight. 

Now onto some real fiddly work but more of my own making. The belly gun pack looks like it may be removable from the finished model so I decided to see what I could do with it. 

IMG_20190308_091433-L.jpg

The ZM brass gun barrel set includes replacement blast tubes for the belly guns as well as the ones in the wings. 

IMG_20190308_091521-L.jpg

This is nice as the inner pair of blast tubes on the stock part are not full length. To use them, it was a multi step process. First I had to cut off the existing plastic blast tubes and then drill a hole through the ribs so that they would all line up. 

IMG_20190308_091900-L.jpg

After cutting off the tube, I drilled progressively larger holes in the bulkhead until I got to the correct diameter. 

IMG_20190308_092259-L.jpg

With the first one done and test fit into place. 

IMG_20190308_094120-L.jpg

Edited by BloorwestSiR
Typo