"Willie the Whale", FINISHED

blackbetty

Actually that is really not that complicated to do. for a pit like this one i just remind myself that i have to settle for "looks like". i dont have enough references to get it perfectly accurate (or the modeling abilities either). if you go by that route its a lot of fun, i just snip around at plastic bits untill i get it close, using as many pics as i can. painting it is also a challenge, i dont have any colour shots, so i have to assume its interior green and black, the canvas (?) isulation on the outboard walls may be olive drab (?). i only know the hump behind the seats can be interior green, grey, black or anything inbetween. get it? this is fun, i have more artistic license than on a tamiya corsair where the coulours of every knob is known.

working on the pit i realized i´d better scribe the fuselage next to avoid braking off details later

43730439500_5c9ce46b8e_b.jpg41 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

i am also not really satisfied with the canopy-fuselage transition, my version is too rounded, so i have to do it again

30606854567_1692795569_b.jpg42 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

have i mentioned that i neither like nor do a good job at scribing?

45497614312_7fcc5a96fc_h.jpg43 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

I really don’t know why, but I really like this post.  I’m not really a jet guy but i’ll admit this whale is really growning on me.  I love the unwavering attach and attention to detail which go into every post.  Amazing build going on here Blackbetty.    I’d like to see some color over the white plastic just to get the Moby dick out of my mind!  Ha. 

Well done mate, please show more.  Love what’s going on here.  

Troy