"Willie the Whale", FINISHED

blackbetty

well guys, thanx for all your encouragement :thumbsup:

it is actually pretty rewarding to work on a vac. a subject very few people have done in our scale just does it for me, even if it doesnt look as good as a tamiya kit in the end....

it pays to be  a little stubborn and just carry on despite setbacks. walking away from the bench is recommended too, or just changing the part you are working on. those stupid intakes cost me  a lot of nerves, the miliput doesnt seem to harden in a day like the first time i used it (does it age?). scribing on the wings detracted me a little bit.

Brilliant - missed this one up until now!

I've got an original ID Models release of this kit in the stash - I got a bit stumped on cockpit details, so seen the 1:72 one for reference is a great idea...

This is the first I've ever seen being built - will *have* to follow along.  :)

Iain

Bravo!!! This is what is known as model building. :clap2:As opposed to assembling a bunch of premade parts together.

On the other hand not everyone who assembles kits wants or needs an extra source of stress and frustration in their lives.

What is good about our hobby is that there is room in it for all types of techniques and models.

:punk:

22 hours ago, blackbetty said:

well guys, thanx for all your encouragement :thumbsup:

the miliput doesnt seem to harden in a day like the first time i used it (does it age?).

It does dry out, and it's life can be extended by refrigerating it.   But I am theorizing that maybe you may not have got enough of the hardener half into it, or that enough of the hardener had solidified on the outer edge that it caused you to be short on the hardener.

Hope that makes sense.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

still fighting the intakes, i skinned the inside with thin sheet to get an even surface. the litte auxiliary intakes have a pretty tricky shape and it took a couple a tries to get them remotely accurate

45110873631_a39aae0e7a_b.jpg21 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

30172910887_ed32c07889_b.jpg22 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

Edited by blackbetty